Sunday, September 02, 2018

Apartment Life #43


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


On January 10th, 2018 at 9pm we heard a bunch of sirens down our street. So we went outside and saw 3 fire trucks just down the street. They rushed to an apartment, broke down the door with one of those metal rams that they swing at the door and then they went in. 10 seconds later they all came out and someone asked them what happened. They said false alarm and left. I have no idea who called them but nothing else happened that night. I'm still curious who called them and why.

And yes, my camera takes blurry pictures at night. I have no idea how to fix this.

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

32 comments:

  1. False alarms do happen, and it's not pleasant, but better than when it proves to be a real alarm (fire, casualties, damage).
    I can understand your curiosity regarding the caller, but let's be pleased with the "all's well that ends well" situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wonder who replaced the broken door.

      Delete
  2. Better to have a false alarm than a real one and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. False or not it had to be pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for the people who's door got kicked in.

      Delete
  4. Well, that's weird! Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:55 AM

    I am thinking a false alarm is a lot better than something bad. I bet the people who lived in that apartment weren't real happy about having their door kicked in though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one false alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they broke down the door and it was a false alarm! Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's odd! Must have been a prank. I'm glad there was no actual fire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suspect that apartment owner was less than happy about having their door knocked in. I suspect a new door was needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet they weren't happy at all.

      Delete
  10. And someone needs a new door

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing all those trucks would have worried me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I went out with my camera. I thought something bad was happening.

      Delete
  12. Must have been quite a shock for the people inside! Glad it was a false alarm though and that no one was hurt.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that the false alarm would have scared me to death if I live close. It is good that they were ready to go though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's scary. On the one hand good that it's a false alarm and no one got hurt, but what a pain for the firetrucks to go all the way there and realize it was a false alarm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the people that lived there got scared to death.

      Delete
  15. How crazy! I know someone who had SWAT called on them like that. Scared the hell out of them. Apparently that's a "thing" people are doing for fun. Calling random SWAT on people. Good way for someone innocent to get killed. smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that. Seems like some people have too much time on their hands.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.