Sunday, November 25, 2018

Apartment Life #56


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


I was out walking Falcor in the morning and this truck comes flying through the walking path. It was a city truck so I'm thinking NDOT (Nevada Department of Transportation) but it didn't say on the truck so I'm not sure. All they did was cut through this path from the parking lot behind them to the street to the right of them. They just didn't want to drive all the way around the block. Lazy bastards. But the fact that they came flying through this walking path that has yellow metal barriers right in the middle of it to stop cars from doing just this is what pissed me off. They almost hit my dog and they didn't even stop. 


I have an 18 foot retractable leash that I use for Falcor and as you can see he walks out there ahead of me. I had just enough time to pull him back to me before that idiot driver drove past us. I had my camera out already and took this picture a couple of minutes before we walked up where they drove through. He didn't even stop and say sorry or slow down and he was going so fast I couldn't even get a picture of his license plate. What an ass.


So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

36 comments:

  1. I hope someone fires his lazy butt.
    It could just has easily have been a child as a dog. And neither deserve to be injured (or worse) because of laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy's probably sweating, wondering if you did get a readable picture of his license plate. So there's that. And it's almost readable in the picture you posted. The truck and driver could be identified from that photo if somebody worked at it, and he was flagrantly violating traffic rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he is sweating. I tried blowing it up but it gets too blurry.

      Delete
  3. Idiot indeed, but then idiot drivers are idiots to begin with. Hopefully he gets canned, or at least you taking pics made him sweat a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an as* of a driver! Grrr. But I'm so glad Falcor is ok

    xx
    Blushing Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God you're dog is okay. Someone just hit my husbands car and ran off in the night so let's hope this people get what's comin' to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea, that's a real idiot alert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only kept my dog on a short leash. She was too wild to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've noticed that city and state workers often think that they are above the law! Pisses me off whenever I see them speed or pass someone in a no passing lane. Hurry up and get to your donut, asshole! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have thought city workers would have more sense because they would be easier to identify.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The roads and paths are, sadly, full of potential killers. That's how we should refer to drivers - not asses and not idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Idiots, they're everywhere. Glad you were aware and saw this jerk coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually on the lookout for motorcycles who do this.

      Delete
  12. What a jerk! That would have made me really angry too :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's terrible! I'm so glad Falcor didn't get run over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many accidents are caused by carelessness. I am so glad that this wasn't worse than it was.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.