Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Review: The Rancher's Best Gift by Stella Bagwell


Book Description

An ordinary cowboy?

Or the love of a lifetime?

Matthew Waggoner and Camille Hollister may have known each other for years, but nothing prepares them for the sudden flare of attraction that hits when Camille lets Matthew stay with her while the foreman is doing out-of-town work for her family’s ranch. But with Christmas just around the corner, it’ll take a holiday miracle to make these two patched-up hearts see past their differences and risk loving again…


My review

Matthew was sent to the ranch to help with the new cows that needed to be vaccinated and tagged. He had two weeks to get everything in order and then he'd be headed back to his own home. Camille's brother who owns and runs the ranch sent Matthew there and made arrangements for the foreman to stay in the house while he's there. But Matthew has feelings for Camille so that's awkward. 

Camille works as the cook in a diner and she likes her job to the point that she wants to buy the diner. When Matthew gets in late at night after a long day of ranching, Camille cooks dinner for him as well as dessert. They end up talking at night when he gets in and they find that they have a lot in common including both of them having had bad experiences with relationships. 

They both feel the mutual attraction and act on it. They both figure that it's a one time thing since Matthew has to get back to his life at the end of two weeks but things don't always go as planned. 

These two were really sweet and so was the romance between them. This isn't my normal type of book but I won this in a blog giveaway and decided to give it a read. I'm glad I did because it was a good read and a nice romance. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

28 comments:

  1. I thought as I was reading the blurb that it was different to your usual reading groove - I am glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gotta shake things up sometimes. lol

      Delete
  2. Once in a while the mood just carries you well outside your norm and its a great reading experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good win. Have to read something different sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a different story line of what you usually read.. Sometimes it is just good to read a good romance.. I read these kinds of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a different kind of book but I won it so I gave it a chance.

      Delete
  4. Awe I'm glad you did read it Mary, Stella is one of my faves from the HQN Special Edition series

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute read. Yay for exploring something a bit different from what you normally read. I've been doing a lot of that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i try to read every book i win for this reason.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just can't judge a book by it's cover LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A change in genre can be good. Glad you enjoyed it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read her in so long. I used to enjoy her books a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a first for me. Glad to hear that you like her too.

      Delete
  11. Sometimes it's good to read a different genre.
    I am pleased that you enjoyed it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a really nice romance. I am glad you took a chance on it and ended up enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.