Sunday, August 21, 2022

Apartment Life #318

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

The police were on my street and had someone from drug dealer's apartment at the front of their car. I waited to see if he was going to be arrested but he wasn't. They let him go after questioning and running his name I presume. As the police were leaving he was yelling, "You know you did me wrong!" 

----

He's baaack. Drug dealer is out of jail and the druggies are right back in his place again. All hours of the day and night *I have not been able to get a picture of him yet for those who are waiting*  In the  morning he has his motorcycle in the courtyard and was revving the hell out of it. It was loud as hell. 

On Monday I was walking Falcor and one of the homeless people was out on the path were I walk and was pacing back and forth, yelling and screaming to himself about how he was sleeping in front of some lady's apartment across the street that morning and she woke him up and told him to leave because he was scaring her kids. He started talking to me and said, she scared her own kids, effing ugly heifer. lol 
He asked me if I've seen him cleaning up after some of the other homeless people, and how he picks up the used needles and other stuff and I said yes, because I have. He says, I've paid my dues around here, that heifer should have let me just sleep. I wasn't going to say anything because he was so upset and you just never know about people. 

Then he said my maintenance man told him he had to leave because he didn't live here and said maintenance man walks over to the big trash can and he starts yelling at him again. So I walked away as they were yelling at each other. As I'm walking back into my courtyard drug dealers says to me, "You see what I have to deal with?" I asked, "What do you mean?" 

He says, "He's mad at me because I won't let him in because he wasn't respectful to me." I said, "He's not mad at you, he's mad because some woman across the street wouldn't let him sleep in front of her door this morning. But if you didn't let those people into your apartment, you wouldn't have problems like that." 

He had the nerve to tell me that he doesn't let anyone into his apartment.  So I said, "Yeah you do. There are people coming and going from your apartment all day and night for the past few years. Everyone around here knows what goes on in your apartment." 

He says, "It's not like that. You don't understand." 
I said, "I understand that you have all these homeless people and drug addicts coming and going from your apartment all hours of the day and night. " 

He's like, "I was in jail, I had no control over who was in my apartment for the last month." 
I said, "I know, several of your neighbors called the police trying to get all the people out of your apartment while you were in jail and Theresa was in the hospital. But the police wouldn't do anything because you had let all those people in your place before you were ever gone." 

He says, "I don't let anyone in my apartment, and they pillaged all through my things and I'm not the only one who lives there." So now he was trying to blame it all on his wife. 

I said, "I am up all hours of the day and night with this dog because of his sensitive stomach and I see people coming at going from your door at 3, 4, 5 AM all the time. And I see you letting them in, they stay for a few seconds and they leave. I'm not stupid, no one around here is and everyone knows what's going on in your apartment.  I could go on a month long trip to the Bahamas and no one would go in my apartment because I don't let anyone in to begin with. 

He yelled at me and said, "You don't talk to no one around here!" 
I said, "Exactly." 

He said, "I'm just not going to get anywhere with you." 
I just said, "Nope." And I walked to my apartment. 

More was said but I don't remember everything we said to each other. This is the first time I've said more than hello to drug dealer but I was done with his BS and was in a bad mood that day. 

---

So other than that and my neighbor telling me I need to date again and I need a man in my life, and trying to fix me up with my 70 year old neighbor...it was a fairly quiet week. lol 

The high this week was 100F/37C
The low this week was 78F/25C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

45 comments:

  1. Well said - and what a shame he is home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    Good for you, dear friend! I'm proud of you for standing your ground. calling the drug dealer out on his BS and not backing down. You confronted him with the truth and didn't let him wiggle off the hook with his denials and wife blaming. I think he envisions himself as a businessman, the friendly neighborhood pharmacist, performing a public service operating a clinic and dispensing drugs to the homeless and the hopeless. If that's how he frames it in his own mind, it might explain his defiance.

    You also came face to face with that angry, pacing guy. That's two close encounters in a single week that seem to come with the territory there on your block. You have proven that you are strong and independent, but if you ever do decide to start dating again, I doubt you will find many eligible bachelors in your neighborhood.

    Have a great week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't date anyone from around here. lol

      Delete
  3. Pffft and to just think that you could have been his new drug cartel queen LOL We could have had summer vacays in Colombia....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun 🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔

    ReplyDelete
  5. never a dull moment there

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can actually chime in on this post and closely relate. I saw a woman tweaking out on the side of the rand, and more attention was drawn to her as police vehicles blocked the interactions and they seemed wary of how to proceed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dang. I hope they got her some help before dragging her off to jail.

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure nobody would go into your appartment while away on a vacation. We live in times of police and law incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right about that but I was trying to make a point with him when I said it.

      Delete
  8. I don't understand how some people's brains work (or don't work). I think he's been sampling his own wares. 🙄

    Have a wonderful week and stay safe! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know his wife does but I'm not sure if he does or not. I've never seen him tweaking out.

      Delete
  9. UGH!!! I hope that he forgets the conversation and doesn't do anything to you/your place. He's not a very good liar, is he?

    I hope you have a good week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could care less as to what I said. He said hi to me this morning like nothing happened. lol

      Delete
  10. ROFLMAO! That was some conversation you had with drug dealer. I'm surprised at how whimpy, whiny and pathetic he came across as.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg! I'm glad you told him that he isn't fooling anyone. What a jerk! Have a lovely week and stay cool, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I’m glad you said something, although it sounds like he was just talking in circles. It’s nice that the homeless guy is cleaning up the place! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was definitely talking in circles.

      Delete
  13. "You did me wrong" :)

    Oh wow drug dealer's back huh? Revving that motorcycle sounds like a pain in the ass. And to think I felt sorry for him about the dogs. Good for you for not poutting upwithh is BS though. Some people just think, what, no one's gonna notice the steady stream of druggies? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His dogs are back and are fine too. He didn't care what I had to say.

      Delete
    2. At least the dogs are well :):):))

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm glad about that.

      Delete
  14. Damn! I'm so glad you held your ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too not that it actually sunk into his idiot brain.

      Delete
  15. Your police must get paid either by the call or by the mile since they don't seem at all interested in getting rid of law breakers. Pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what was going on. Maybe they thought they would find drugs on him and they didn't.

      Delete
  16. I think once in jail. I know I would of learn my lesson. Facing a judge would of done the trick.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think but that doesn't seem to be the case with these people.

      Delete
  17. Your life is always so eventful. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some people just lie about everything, and then deny they're lying. What do you do with such people? As for the attempted match-making - I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just didn't want to admit to anything.

      Delete
  19. The drug dealer and the matchmaker would be too much for me to handle in one week. Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "So other than that and my neighbor telling me I need to date again and I need a man in my life, and trying to fix me up with my 70 year old neighbor...it was a fairly quiet week. lol"
    🙈😂

    Somehow that sounds even worse than the drug dealer laying to you with a straight face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he just didn't want to admit anything.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.