Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Favorite Picture of the Week

 
Here are some sunrise pictures from last week. I was up with Falcor at 5:30am and the smoke in the air from the wildfires near us made the sunrise really pretty. 

I stood out there for a few minutes as the sun was rising. 

And as it got higher it was hidden by the smoke in the air.

But it did peek through a little at times. It was a pretty sunrise though. 


This week we had a clearer sky a few days probably because of the winds blowing the smoke out of the valley. And the sunrise was still pretty. 

Falcor got up early a few days but at least it gave me an opportunity to get some nice pictures. 

32 comments:

  1. I remember those smoky skies. Some of the effects are spectacular - but I would rather not see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the Canadian wildfire smoke hit us and it was hard to tell if it was smokey or just humid out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunrise pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunrise's are always the best to witness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunrise is absoutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. I thought so too.

      Delete
  7. I love watching the sunrise. These are beautiful photos, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the last photo the best. I'm very tired of the smoke this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I guess that's the one and only good thing about the wildfires.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky we haven't had much smoke this summer.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cool photos of the sunrise, the smoke adds the effects naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry about the wildfires, but I'm glad they offer some beauty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty sunrise, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love watching the sun rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Especially when there are clouds around.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.