Sunday, February 11, 2024

Apartment Life #305

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.  

The police helicopter was flying over the parking lot next door where Cal Ranch, the strip mall and the supermarket is. The police never showed up so I don't know what they were looking for. 

I've told you before that the supermarket, Cal Ranch, the liquor store and the the dog training place is right next door but I wanted to show you I mean, right next door. I'm standing in my alley right next to my apartment building. Right on the other side of the block wall separating my alley from their parking lot is Cal Ranch, the supermarket, liquor store, dog training place ect. 

There were two police cars across the street from my apartment complex along the path that I walk Falcor. But they were just making the homeless people move from where they had set up their tents. 

The Mormons have been hitting my street really hard the last couple of weeks. They aren't getting any new people wanting to go to their church or talk with them for long around here, so they've started getting a lot pushier in the last few days. They stopped me 4 times over 3 days and I finally had to get rude and tell them to leave me alone. I was nice the first few times and said I wasn't interested. 

I've heard them right outside my bedroom window doing the same thing to some of the older people around here and they don't want to take no for an answer which if this one lady's daughter hadn't come outside to get rid of them I was going to say something. 

This guy in the truck had just gotten home from the grocery store and was trying to get out of his truck when these two guys ran up to his truck and stood right near the door so he couldn't get out and couldn't close his door. I heard him say he had a bag of frozen food he needed to get in the apartment and they finally backed up and let him out and then proceeded to follow him back to his apartment. But he was smart enough to not them them inside and when they wouldn't leave he ended up slamming his door. He was mad. 

Then yesterday I was out with the dog and I hear, "Hey!, HI!, Hey!" And they both ran from across the street screaming at me. I pulled out my tazer before I turned around because I just heard footsteps running up behind me. I yelled at them and said they almost got tazed that they shouldn't be running up behind any women. He totally ignored what I said and started on his spiel about how he wanted to talk to me about Jesus Christ. 

Me: "Are you serious?, This is the 5th time I've told you I'm not interested. You bother me again I'm calling the cops for harassment. You should find another neighborhood to bother people." 

Him: "Sorry" And they left to chase after someone else. Talk about pushy, damn. 

You want to know something funny? When I'm in my bedroom reading on my Kindle, I set this mirror on the window sill so that I can see the street but the people can't see me watching them. LOL If I see something interesting then I look the window and take pictures. If you click on the picture, you can see the two Mormom guys in the reflection of the mirror and no one has any idea I'm watching what's going on around here. 

It's a really small mirror and when I walk by outside I can't even see it unless I'm really looking for it. 

The high this week was 56F/13C
The low this week was 40F/4C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

38 comments:

  1. Are you sure that was a police helicopter? Maybe it was a Mormon helicopter looking for any people they might have missed and need to pester.

    Running up behind a woman who's not expecting it is a huge "don't-do" and can easily be taken as a threat. They have to be idiots to not know that.

    Good trick with the mirror. I'd try that myself, if anything interesting ever happened where I live, which it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so pushy. I haven't seen them today. Hopefully they moved on.

      Delete
  2. Young, stupid, and poorly trained. That is no way to win people to Christ. In your neighborhood, they're going to get shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is close.

    And yeah that's pushy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the stores are real close. At least they're in walking distance.

      Delete
  4. I’ve never heard of Mormons being pushy like that, but we usually only get Jehovah Witnesses here. I had 2 older women last week (it’s always old ladies) drive up my long driveway and ring my doorbell, even though I have a Do Not Knock/No Soliciting sign on my door. I opened door, pointed to sign and told them to read. They started their spiel about heaven and I slammed the door. Then I watched them struggle trying to back down my driveway. Usually I tell them I’m not interested in joining a cult and they get really mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always seen pushy ones but these guys just kept coming back.

      Delete
  5. My apartment is one block from our borough's Chinatown so it's been quite noisy here these past few days. Fireworks until the wee hours of the morning. Suffering from a severe lack of sleep this morning after two days of non-stop booms during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    Starting tomorrow, I'm back on the blog scene for another three-day stint. I'm here today because I didn't want to miss your weekly State of the Neighborhood Address.

    Looks like I returned just in time to read how you narrowly escaped the zombie apocalypse. I don't know how else to describe those pushy young men from LDS chasing people relentlessly, scaring women, preying on the elderly and refusing to take no for an answer. Perhaps you misheard the lads. Are you sure they weren't from the nearby supermarket deli and wanting to talk to you about "cheeses"? :)

    Have a safe and happy week ahead and please take good care of yourself and my buddy Falcor, dear friend Mary. I look forward to meeting up with you over at Shady's Place. New post starts tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeses, lol
      Falcor is good. I'll visit tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Clever idea that mirror, and those so-called Mormons sound more like Scientologists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pushy. Hopefully they are gone now.

      Delete
  8. Didn't know the Mormons could be so aggressive. We used to avoid the Jehovah Witnesses around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen the Jehovah Witnesses around here in years.

      Delete
  9. For some reason we always have helicopters by us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're always out looking for someone

      Delete
  10. You need to go to a costume store and get you a Nun outfit. Answer the door in that and they will leave you alone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand why some folks just can't figure out that you don't want to be bothered with them. Here it is the Jehovah's witnesses folks. I just refuse to answer my door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have answered my door but they run up to you when you're outside.

      Delete
  12. While I'm not surprised to hear how pushy these men were, it's too bad. I have several Mormon friends and they are NOTHING like that and would be horrified/disappointed to know that these people were acting like this. This isn't what faith is about at all.

    Anyhow, sounds like maybe they are keeping the drug dealers and others away with their harassing, so maybe it's not a bad thing? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you were harassed. You think they'd move on. I've known a few Mormons and they were always nice- people. Being close to the grocery store must be convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised mormon and was surprised they kept coming back. The grocery store is super convenient.

      Delete
  14. Should ask the Mormons to do some chores around the place..lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's never a dull moment in your neighborhood. I have to admit, I too peek out of my window at the front of the house to watch all the action on our street. Though nothing as exciting as your area happens here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like watching the neighbors for entertainment. lol

      Delete
  16. I hate charity people who won't take no for an answer. Do they really think pushiness is going to endear them to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I don't like it one bit though.

      Delete
  17. You're a real 007 LOL.

    Goodness, those Mormon guys sound like a nightmare. Maybe if they'd get tazed...*evil laugh*

    It sounds like the truck guy was selected to be a mugger victim...at least he managed to escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it back - it was the Mormons who ran up to him, right? I only realised that later...Very uncharitable of them...

      Delete
    2. Yes it was the mormons who ran up to me and boxed the poor truck guy in.

      Delete
  18. That's annoying those people are so pushy and keep asking you multiple times. On time should be the limit for that. And them with them running up behind you and cornering that guy in his car as well. Smart trick with that mirror so you can keep an eye on things without people noticing you're watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the mormons in a few days now so hopefully they are gone.

      Delete
  19. My mormon neighbors thankfully were never pushy, but the did gift me with one of their bibles and invited me to their church to hear their daughter's piano recital. That was the extent of ever having to deal with that religion. The Jehovas Witness though, I can never shake. They drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.