Thursday, July 16, 2026

Book Review: Claimed By The Mountain Man Orc by Pippa Rae Brook

 

Book Description

One broody orc. One stubborn human. And a bond neither of them can deny.

Varn

I’ve spent years alone on this mountain, carving tokens for a mate I never truly believed would come.

Then she crashes into my territory—loud, fearless, impossible to ignore.

She doesn’t belong here.

But the moment I catch her scent, I know she belongs to me.

Mazie

I came to Orc Mountain chasing answers, not fairy tales.

The locals whisper about monsters in the trees. But when I stumble straight into the arms of one… I realize the stories don’t come close to the truth.

Because this orc isn’t just a monster.

He’s my destiny.

Claimed by the Mountain Man Orc is a short and steamy monster-lite romance featuring a broody orc hero, a fearless human heroine, and a fated-mates bond carved in stone. Expect growly possessiveness, size difference heat, and over-the-top instalove. No cheating, no cliffhangers, and a guaranteed happily-ever-after—with tusks.


My Review

Mazie swears she saw an Orc when she was a kid but no one believed her. Now she has a podcast about myths and monsters. She's come to Orc Mountains to see if maybe she can track something that shouldn't exist. 

Varn is an Orc, he and his people stay hidden away from humans. It's the middle of Winter and the snow would make it very hard for a human to track where he's at right now, or so he thought until he spots Mazie watching him. When she plunges into the icy water, he can't let her die, so he saves her and brings her back to his house to warm up. 

When she finally wakes up, she's got questions and he's doing everything he can to keep his hands off her since he knows right away that she's his mate. He doesn't think she'll ever believe him or want an Orc for a mate. So, when she wakes up and isn't scared of him, he's surprised. 

This is an insta-love novella. I didn't mind that they fell for each other so fast, it was a quick, cute story. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

45 comments:

  1. That is the finest looking orc I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. They are kind of appealing now lol

      Delete
  2. I didn’t know orcs were ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a simple straightforward romance is what the mood calls for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What colour does he turn when he is angry, given that he is already green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao I don't think he turns another color.

      Delete
  5. f you're going to dive into a monster-lite novella, over-the-top instalove is exactly what you want. Glad it was a solid 4-star read for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Sometimes a cute and quick story is just what's needed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick and cute works sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would enjoy this book. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really good. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really glad that you enjoyed this book, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a problem suspending disbelief when a human encounters a mythological creature and isn't surprised, even if she was looking for him. Although, that does depend on how it's written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to take it in stride very often.

      Delete
  12. I guess she found great material for her podcast...and more LOL. The tusks, though...😱 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tusks weren't a big problem while they were making out.

      Delete
  13. He's very green. ;D But it does sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, how could she ever resist an Orc?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review 📙

    ReplyDelete
  16. A nice read and review. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your review Mary. Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen a lot of books recently with podcasters and vloggers as the main character!

    ReplyDelete
  19. An orc romance with tusks and destiny definitely sounds entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very entertaining for sure.

      Delete
  20. Sounds fun. I love when MCs find out that the myths they believe in and hoped are true... are true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well look at that Orc

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy to hear this was a good novella for you!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.