Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Favorite Picture of the Week

 
Sunset on Monday night. It's been hot, humid and cloudy the past few days. 

56 comments:

  1. The colors in the sky look almost painted, and the way the light hits the clouds makes the whole scene glow beautifully.
    Gorgeous shot, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot plus humid is the worst.

    The clouds red-lit from below look otherworldly as always. (Except that there aren't any other worlds with fast-food signs.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humid in Vegas? Bet you're not used to that. We've been humid in the morning but it dies down to the forties by evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just starting up again with the hot and humid weather, ugh. That is one beautiful moment you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sky photo. The humidity is off the charts here for the past 3 weeks now. Our sunrises are pretty spectacular. But I have so many big trees that it would not photo well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's high humidity here too right now

      Delete
  6. That is a pretty good composition and good sky too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pink fire in the dark cloud underside. Sorry its so sweltering for you. High heat and humidity are a double whammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's going to be a hot Summer.

      Delete
  8. Hot and humid is Midwest weather, not Southwest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Humidity here is 40% some days right now.

      Delete
  9. I like the coloring in the sky. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The interplay between the sun and the clouds is always lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shot! Our skies are currently orangeish due to wildfires in Canada. It's getting scary out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a cool photo, a walkway to the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been hot humid and just brutal over here in South Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet. 109F and 42% humidity here.

      Delete
  15. The Monday sunset where I was at was pretty spectacular, too. Alas, I did not get a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you got to see it though.

      Delete
  16. I can see why this is a favorite Mary. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful Mary. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cloudy here as well but not a single drop of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a pretty sky and I like the silhouettes of the signs too. We keep getting wildfire smoke in my area. It's not cloudy but it looks like it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I heard about the smoke.

      Delete
  20. How beautiful! It's been humid and cloudy here, but we haven't gotten much rain.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful skies at night.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty sky. We haven't see ours in days. The Canadian fires are really messing things up here. The sun does look eerily cool under the smoke though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicely done, Scary Mary! You have a great eye for photos!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.