Sunday, September 27, 2026
Apartment Life #539
Life Update:
My daughter found out this week that she now has stage 2 kidney disease. her kidneys are only working at 59% right now. She still has congestive heart failure and it hasn't gotten any better. But he said both are reversible they just need to find the right medicines. The Lupus is attacking her heart, kidneys and skin. Her doctor wanted to put her on a different Lupus medicine but her insurance wouldn't approve it. The doctor said she still has too much inflammation in her blood. Or however they tell the medicine isn't working well enough. I'm not up on all the lingo yet.
---
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
The police are still parking on my street and driving around, keeping things pretty quiet here. This officer had been parked on my side of the street for a few minutes and then he turned around like you see here and drove down the street. Never got out. I think all the police around here are keeping people quiet. lol
---
My daughter has been having really bad headaches and has been trying everything. Not sure if it's related to Lupus or the Lupus medication. The doctor just says when you have Lupus, headaches are common. But my grandson's other grandma (his dads mom) had one of the delivery services bring her some Excedrin Migraine medicine to see if that would work. She texted my daughter and asked if she got it because they sent her the above picture and said, "delivered"
See that plastic bag behind the bush? Yeah, they delivered it to the bush! You can't make this stuff up! That bush isn't even inside my courtyard, it's by the stairs leading to my courtyard.
So my daughter went out and found the bag behind the bush, this bush, by the stairs. The delivery person couldn't have been any more lazy if they tried. omg
--
I got an email from management saying that several people have been trespassed from the property and if we see them, to contact security or management. 2 of the guys I've seen before, they are homeless guys. They steal from people all the time so being trespassed doesn't surprise me. This is the first such email management has sent out though.
They included pictures of the trespassed individuals. Looks like they are indeed trying to make things better for the residents. So that's something, I guess.
---
Monday night I was walking Falcor at 11PM. Because when you need to go, you need to go. There was a guy at the end of the street staring at me, he pulled his pants down a little and started masturbating while looking me right in the eye. I walked the other way and went home.
Told my daughter about it, she told her friends/our neighbors in our courtyard. She looked out the window and he was still there doing it. Minutes later he walked slowly by my door trying to look inside. I had locked the security door. Several people in my courtyard saw him. Effing creeper.
---
The high this week was 98F/36C
The low this week was 73F/22C
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I’m sorry that your daughter is unwell. It must be a relief to know that her kidney disease could be reversible. I hope they can find the right medication.
ReplyDeleteYes, that delivery guy was very lazy!
Thank you, I hope so too.
DeleteI am praying for your daughter and for you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank you.
DeleteThat man was absolutely disgusting. I don't know that it takes a mentally ill person to act like that actually. Just stupid. Sorry to hear about your daughter's health, what a concern to both of you all the time. It is nice the police are keeping things a little quieter and that you're management company is trying to make things safer.
ReplyDeleteIt was a bit of a crazy week.
DeleteYour daughter's brave struggle with Lupus continues -- I hope her doctors can find the right medications for her. Hugs and best wishes.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope so too.
DeleteYou do live in an edgy sorta place.
ReplyDeleteThat's one way to put it.
DeleteHi, Mary!
ReplyDeleteIt's upsetting to read your post and realize that so many things are going sideways on your block and in your personal life. I hope your daughter continues to work with her physician and urge him to explore every option so that her condition can be reversed. Seems like lazy and careless delivery people are in abundance nowadays. It is troubling that there are so many sketchy characters and derelicts hanging around your neighborhood and dragging it down by stealing, breaking into buildings and exposing themselves. I hope the coppers find and arrest that horny peeper. If you'd like some mindless amusement and distraction, I hope you and my buddy Falcor will visit me at Shady's Place this coming Thursday when I present Pt 2 of my Halloween Spooktacular. Take care, dear friend Mary!
Thank you, Shady. I will pop over.
DeleteSorry to hear about your daughter's situation. It's good if the heart and kidney problems are reversible, but it's crazy to have to worry about an insurance company second-guessing what the doctor thinks is necessary.
ReplyDeleteAt least she got the migraine medication before one of the local bums stole it.
Fighting with the insurance company is an ongoing thing these days. They keep denying what her doctor wants.
DeleteI’m sorry to hear about your daughter’s health issues. That creeper needs to GTFO!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Yes he does.
DeleteThat is just stupid. Insurance companies suck. Sad when a potential solution is right there but they won't cover it.
ReplyDeleteShe's been fighting with the insurance company for all kinds of medicines.
DeleteBest wishes for your daughter.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteA parcel delivered to a bush? Now I've heard it all! I hope the Excedrin is helpful.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the delivery guy thought that was a good place to put it. It did help.
DeleteOh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's worsening conditions. Sending prayers that you find solutions and that the insurance will stop being jerks.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to still get the package even though it was stashed behind a bush. Weird.
Thank you. It was a weird delivery.
DeleteSending good thoughts to your daughter, hope the docs get her feeling better. You do have a lot to blog about with the goings on at your place!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I do have a lot to talk about. Never seems to be the same thing.
DeleteExcedrin is a very helpful thing for me. I hope that it at least helps with the headaches.
ReplyDeleteI loathe insurance companies. None of them are there to help you. They know this and have no heart or compassion.
I'm disgusted by the gross bastard. Sorry you had to see that. :(
Thank you. The excedrin did help. Insurance companies are the worst.
DeleteSo sorry your daughter is so ill; hope she does find a way to improve.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope so too.
DeleteThat is scary news about your daughter, Mary. I hope things turn around. And I'm really creeped out about the guy :(
ReplyDeleteThank you. He's a bit of a creeper for sure.
Delete"Her doctor wanted to put her on a different Lupus medicine but her insurance wouldn't approve it."
ReplyDeleteFor goodness' sake. This is ridiculous. I hope a solution can be found before things get worse, especially since the situation is still reversible at this stage. And the delivery service? seriously? though I guess they thought there were less chances of the package being stolen that way, except even "you" couldn't see where it was...
I hope the creeper wouldn't try to enter again, but even then...what an unpleasant experience, to say the least. Maybe you need to keep that taser at hand and, you know...😅
Thank you. It is ridiculous. The tazer is always with me.
DeleteMany thanks for the update on your daughter. It's good that the Doctors think both conditions can be helped/reversed. May they be able to source/find the right medications for her.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you all.
All the best Jan
Thank you, I hope so too.
DeletePrayers to your daughter. I hope the doctors figure out what meds will work.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope so too.
DeleteThinking of your daughter. Positive - doctors think they can control both issues. Negative - insurance company. I won't voice my opinion on that other than say that really s*cks. Another positive - this management seems to be trying to take some action. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYes, there was a bit of good with the bad this week.
DeleteSorry to hear about your daughter head ache.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteEveryone I know with Lupus has major health issues. I hope your daughter finds the magic cocktail of drugs that will help.
ReplyDeleteI hope so too and I hope when she does find it, the insurance company doesn't deny it.
DeleteHope your daughter gets better.Ive changed health plans and just talking to the powers at be is a atrocious sometimes
ReplyDeleteIt really is. Good luck.
DeletePraying the doctors can find the right combination of drugs to work for your daughter. I agree, healthcare is dismal. Insurance companies - horrible.
ReplyDeleteExactly, they sure are. Thank you.
DeleteI hope they're able to get your daughter's meds sorted to help reverse her kidney disease and CHF! Healthcare is a tricky maze and it can be so frustrating. That's great that the management is finally stepping up to improve things. I'm happy the police have been patrolling and more present, too! That creeper! What a weirdo! How disturbing that he was trying to look into your apartment. Would the police come out if you called 911 for that?
ReplyDeleteThank you. I really hope that they can help her reverse all the health problems that they can help with. It would help if the insurance coma=nay would stop denying medicines that the doctor wants to try.
DeleteThe police might come out but by the time they got here, he would have been gone. I've waited 2-3 hours for the cops to show up for non emergency situations.
I hope they find the right combo of meds for your daughter. At least they have a diagnosis. That'll help them figure out how to make her well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, yes it will. Hopefully the insurance company will stop denying the medicines the doctor wants to try too.
DeleteDear Mary, you and your daughter are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI am praying for your daughter and for you to escape hell
ReplyDeleteThank you, I appreciate that.
DeleteI do hope your daughter can rid herself of the headaches, must be a right proper nuisance for her. I agree with you about the delivery person, so lazy and certainly not the correct thing to do leaving the medication in a bush outside your gate. It's good the Police are keeping an eye on things there.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Yes, things are weird but some good with the bad.
DeleteI am praying for your daughter and I get so frustrated when insurance dictates treatment!! There is a new drug coming out soon (first fda approved drug for sjogrens disease), and I guarantee you I will not get it. sigh.
ReplyDeleteOh man, the insurance companies should not be able to deny what the doctor wants to do.
DeleteOh, Jesus, the shit just never stops for your daughter! I feel like she needs to go to an Indian witch doctor somewhere in Nevada and do a cleanse treatment to get in touch with her inner self and clean her soul because it seems all these freaking immune diseases she gets are deep stress related. It would be perfect for her to seclude herself somewhere in virgin nature and spend a month or two there healing herself both physically with herbal remedies and her soul ridden with stress. Find some good old herbalist who can help her instead of regular doctors who do not seem to care. It is time to turn to nature completely, methinks.
ReplyDeleteI told her what you said, she said that sounds stressful. lol
DeleteSo sorry about your daughter! Fingers crossed they are able to find a medicine that helps her. And sorry you had that creepy encounter with that weird guy. Ugh. That would've freaked me out.
ReplyDeleteThank you. She just recently got an appointment with a cardiologist so at least that is happening. That creepy guy was freaky for sure.
DeleteI hope she gets better!
ReplyDeleteAlso that guy euwwww
Thank you.
DeleteI hope they can find the meds that will help your daughter. Do they send the police to patrol your neighborhood at night? Sending you and your daughter all the good vibes I can.
ReplyDeleteI've seen more police during the day than at night but it's been pretty tame around here. Thank you.
DeleteYou live an, umm, interesting place. I'd have called the cops on that guy, but would tgat have helped? Maybe not.
ReplyDeleteFeeling for your daughter. Lupus is such a difficult disorder. I hope her doc can convince the insurance gods that she needs the new meds. Makes me so mad tgat some algorithm thinks it knows more than a doctor!
The cops would have taken 2 hours just to show up if they showed up at all. He would have been gone by that time. You would think insurance companies would do what the doctor thinks is best.
Delete