Thursday, September 08, 2005

Strays

I found a small puppy last night when I went for my walk. Now I mean this was a small small puppy, probably not more than a few weeks old. I knocked on all the doors right around the place where I found him and no body claimed him, so I brought him home with me and fed him and gavce him some water. Poor thing whined all night. He would cry unless he was up near my neck so I slept on the couch with him. I can't keep him, my daughter is allergic to cats and dogs and sure enough last night after she held him for a few minutes she started sneezing and her eyes got all red. So this morning I'm taking him to my moms. LOL I called her last night and her dog, Bootsie, is 14 years old and she knows he probably isn't going to live more than a couple more years. I think this dog is some kind of small terrier. So she said she would take him and she said she thought a good name was Henry. At least I know he'll have a good home, my mom spoils Bootsie like crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind a dog or cat, but my mother is allergic to them and my dada pretty much hates anything with four legs. They used to have a dog back when my brothers and sister were young. About three years ago I could have gotten a cool looking cat because one of the gals that used to work there found a box of kittens down by the river and brought them in to see if anyone wanted them. There was this one that was black with a little white on it and it had cool grey eyes. I wouldn't have minded having that one. But........

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing you can do for the little bloke to end his whimpering at night is to wrap and old wind up clock in a towel and put it in the doggie bed with him. The louder the ticking the better as it simulates the beating of it's mother's heart. No lie. It works.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.