Thursday, November 29, 2018

Review: Talon by Theresa Hissong


Book Description

My name is Talon Shaw and I am the alpha of a pride of black panthers. My cat finds his mate in a human female and she wants a date! Panthers don’t date…we mate. Before my plans fall into place to court the woman who is destined to be my mate, one of my pride is taken and held for ransom.

That ransom is me.
I will do anything for my pride, but my little human mate puts herself in my place. When I find out that she has been taken, along with a young girl from my pride, I vow to bring them both home. My Guardians and I hunt to find my mate, save my pride, and deal out justice for those my enemy has harmed.

That is…if I’m not too late to save them both.


My Review

This is the first book in the Rise of the Pride series. I saw it free on Amazon and snagged it. Free books is about the only thing Amazon is good for these days. lol 

I love a good shifter story and this one is about panther shifters. These panther shifters don't touch females unless they are mated to them because shifter female feel pain if a male other than their mate touches them and they don't want to cause females pain. That was certainly a new slant on shifter mating from other books that I've read. So when he finds himself attracted to a human who owns a bar that he frequents and they accidentally touch, he knows right away that she is his mate. 

I loved Liberty, she's a strong female character and very much worthy of an alpha shifter like Talon. They were a lot of fun to watch get to know one another because Talon has no idea how to date a human and he's afraid he'll hurt her with his strength or during sexy times. But no worries they figure that out with no problems. *wink wink*

Of course right when things are going really well, another shifter kidnaps one of his people because he's pissed off that Talon outed shifters to the humans. But it really couldn't be helped since the humans had video proof. This other shifter ends up hurting two people that Talon cares for and nothing is going to stop him from exacting justice for them. 

I read this book in less than 2 hours because once I started, it was hard to put down. I love when a book completely draws me into the story from beginning to end. I'm definitely picking up the next book in this series and can't wait to get to know more of these characters. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

38 comments:

  1. Sounds good (and I love free books!). Thank you for the review, I definitely want to read the story now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I stopped getting the freebies for a while because so many of them ended in cliffhangers. So I'm a bit picky with what I get now.

      Delete
  2. Gotta lov a good freebie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great when a free book works and you enjoy the storyline. Been a while since I snagged a book from Amazon too.(lol) Hugs and Happy Thursday! RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone posted it on fb or I never would have known about it.

      Delete
  4. 2 hours sure make it sound grand right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read fast. I love that I can kick a book out fast when it's a good one.

      Delete
  5. Very cool on finding a freebie that kept you riveted from start to finish. It does sound good and that is different about the touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked how they made something different about these shifters.

      Delete
  6. I will be looking forward to your review of the next in the series, as I LOVE the sound of this one. I've been hankering for a good shifter romance and when right to Amazon and snagged this up. LOL

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I hope you like it as much as I did.

      Delete
  7. A Five Freebie is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that's great that you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a new one to me Mary, and I love my shifters :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been a while since we have read shape shifters books. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good I'll have to check it out. I love shifter books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  12. Good review and 5 out of 5 !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5 out of 5! Wow! Sounds like it was a great free read. Yay!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just downloaded this one. Gotta love a good freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always nice to be able to get a book for free. Sounds like an unique twist on the shifter mate things with how they cause pain if they touch a female that's not their mate. It's great when a book draws you in like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love when you get a free book that keeps you in your seat. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always a win when a freebie turns out to be a 5 star read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting! And I am with you on the feeebies. That's basically me and Amazon these days. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I feel the same way. They are so ridiculous.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.