Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Review: The Seventh Sister by Sue-Ellen Welfonder


Book Description

The Celtic heart is always drawn home...

Down-on-her-luck American artist Maggie Gleason returns to Ireland, hoping to put old hurts behind her. Instead, revisiting the fishing village that enchanted her years before only reopens wounds - until the unexpected appearance of roguish pub owner Conall Flanagan proves that the Ancient Isle is a magical place where anything can happen and true love always stands the test of time.

"Welfonder writes a fabulous mix of magic and romance." ~ Fresh Fiction 

Stand-Alone Read ... HEA ... No Cliffhangers

The Seventh Sister is a short story and originally appeared in the Mammoth Book of Irish Romance.


My Review

Maggie is an artist who visits Ireland and finds herself with Conall at a stone circle called The Seven Sisters. He explains why there are only six stones and they spend some time together but end up parting ways and not speaking to each other again. Years later they are both heading back towards each other without either of them knowing it. They both had plans for their future and had to part ways but they thought about each other so Maggie visits Ireland again and finds Conall and realizes that he's missed her too. 

This was a short, sweet romance. I love a good novella when I am short on time.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

38 comments:

  1. There is something about the seventh child. And if that child is the child of a seventh child, magic is guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of kids and grandkids.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty cover ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be a fun read for fall! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a sweet romance.

      Delete
  4. Yes, short and sweet is good sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is when I don't have a lot of time to read.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm I am sure I read one of the mammoth books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that they wanted a second chance and got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second chance romance is usually so nice.

      Delete
  7. I'm a sucker for any romance set in Ireland or Scotland, so I'm gonna have to read this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so am I. I love that Scottish accent.

      Delete
  8. I can always get behind a romance set in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can’t beat a short sweet novella that delivers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If he missed her so much why didn't he send a text every now and then?

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's nice to have a short but good one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't resist sexy pub owners. LOL. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love novellas too and this sounds like a short & sweet one.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy a good novella too. The problem I find is that the 'good' ones are so few compared to the volume of novellas I read. :(

    Glad you enjoyed this one1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've found that happens a lot too.

      Delete
  15. I love books set in Ireland, so I added this one to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review. I read A Kiss at Midnight and need to review that one. It was really good so I will be adding this one too by Sue-Ellen to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a couple of her books and enjoyed them so far.

      Delete
  17. Nice when a novella hits the spot. I've enjoyed hers, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a sweet second chance romance.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.