Saturday, March 20, 2021

Review: Her Vampire Hero(Midnight Doms Book 4) by Nicolina Martin

 

Book Description

Don’t go looking for the monsters in the shadows.
They will find you.
The young doctor in the ER thought she saved my life. I repaid her kindness by stealing her away from everything she knew.
I fought the devil in me, but I have lived too long, and am too lonely to deprive myself of her.
She will be my perfect submissive. My pet. My true north.
Katarina Donovan was good and pure, and so, so human. And then she met me.


My Review

Lou is brought to the hospital and Katarina thinks he's dead until his pulse sparks up and then she's all in and wants to make sure he makes a full recovery. Lou should have let her think he was dead and then slipped out quietly instead of letting her help him back to 'life'. He's a vampire so all he had to do was erase himself from their memories but instead he jumps out the window and disappears after he's healed enough to do so. 

Katarina couldn't stop thinking about him after he disappeared. She is having a hard time sleeping or doing her job because her thoughts keep coming back to him and she's sad that she'll probably never see him again. 

He finds her in the parking garage and he pleads with her to forget him but she won't and then he does what he never thought he would do...he leaves a human with the memories of him and now she knows he's a vampire. He promises her that if she tells anyone that he will come back. But then he leaves her and she dreams about him. He probably would have left her alone if she hadn't been attacked. He comes to her rescue and saves her life and he knows he can't let her go. 

 It was heartbreaking to see how lonely and sad they both were. As she heals from her attack, they get to know one another better and can see that there's an attraction there between them even though he's a vampire. But he all but kidnaps her and tells her that she can never go back to her life. I had high hopes for this book but it was my least favorite so far from this series. I didn't like how he treated her and I didn't like how Katarina, a doctor just became this meek little pushover that let him do whatever he wanted and didn't treat her right at times. 

The Midnight Doms series is part of a multi author series but for the most part can be read as standalone books. I am reading this series completely out of order and haven't felt lost at all. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

20 comments:

  1. 3 stars isn't all that but hey, at least I kinda like the cover. 🖤💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like this one as much as the others in the series but it was still good.

      Delete
  2. I have troubles with the whole dominant/submissive thing. Well done you for finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people love vampires and vampire stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dude doesn't sound overly nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time when female protagonists get all meek and submissive and don't stand up for themselves. That part would've bugged me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not like she could have gone against a vampire but I agree.

      Delete
  6. Ooof, I hate it when they make seemingly strong women turn into little lapdogs. I'll have to pass on this title for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it had a promising premise. Sorry to hear it was a bit disappointing on execution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm kidnapping and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series has been good but this book wasn't the best.

      Delete
  9. That's one dapper vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate it when a character's behavior feels off. I doubt that this doctor really would have been such a pushover.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.