Sunday, June 19, 2022

Apartment Life #309

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

I hadn't heard anything outside but I look out my bedroom window every so often and just happened to see this police car right in front of my window. I don't know why I find it so funny that they will park right here so often. But it makes it easy for me to get a picture. 

And it was for my courtyard this time. The police were at drug dealer's apartment again. They banged on the door for a few minutes before anyone opened the door. They were probably hiding all the drugs. The police talked through the screen door for a few minutes and then went inside the apartment where they stayed for about 30 minutes. I thought for sure someone was going to go to jail but the police came out and left. Unbelievable. 
----

Another neighbor moved out this week. That makes 3 vacant apartments in my courtyard. So now there's 3 chances that we'll get some noisy, obnoxious neighbors. My daughter was talking to this lady the night before she moved out and she offered my daughter and her boyfriend who were sitting outside, a shot of tequila or a beer but she said she couldn't drink with them because she's on a lifetime probation. She said she spent 13 years in prison and is now on probation for the rest of her life. I was really surprised because she's so nice, quiet and never has anything going on at her place. She must have done something major for that kind of sentence and probation. 
---

This heavy metal grate covers the storm drain pipe. The pipes are anywhere from 3 to 5 feet in diameter and they lead to the sewer. I took this picture after I watched one of the homeless people leave drug dealer's apartment, walk over to the metal grate, pry it part way off because it's heavy and then jump down into the hole which is a couple of feet down and scurry into the large drain pipe. Dude must have thought he was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Master Splinter will be very upset at the uninvited house guest. 

I know some of these pipes are even bigger in diameter because my husband, daughter and my daughter's friends used to take flashlights when they washes and drain pipes around here were being dug and installed and would walk for miles through them. There's quite a few people that live down in the sewer too. They have to be careful during monsoon season because the rain water will rush through the washes and drag anyone down there along with it. It's not safe. 


I watched someone pull the grate completely off the other day and also go down the storm drain pipe. It's really hot so maybe that's why they are taking shelter down there. I took this picture so you can get a better idea how big the pipe is.
---

I was outside with Falcor one day and the FedEx delivery guy came in my courtyard with a package for the apartment directly across from drug dealer's apartment. The wife came running out screaming at the FedEx guy asking if that package was for her. He said no and she chased the guy right past me screaming at him that she has a package too. He told her he didn't have a package for her, jumped in his truck and drove off. She came walking back past me saying that the package was probably for her. It was a long skinny package so I asked her if she was expecting something long and skinny. She said no, but it's probably for me. I stood outside watching her because she was just standing at her door looking at the package and I knew she was going to steal it but not with me standing there watching her. But her plans were foiled when yet another delivery man came to the other door with another package but this guy stood at the door knocking until they answered so they got both their packages. She looked pissed about it too. She went back into her apartment and slammed the screen door.
---

The high this week was 109F/42C
The low this week was 72F/22C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

44 comments:

  1. I am glad that your (previous) neighbour was able to turn her life around. And very pleased that the packages went to the right place.
    Living in the sewer pipes? Shudder. Definitely not safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know what people have gone through. it's crazy that people are living in the big sewer pipes.

      I'm glad the package went to the right person too.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    Some strange goings on in your neighborhood last week, dear friend! Funny that the cops paid a visit to the drug dealer's apartment, stayed 30 minutes and left without making an arrest. It almost seems like they were there as customers. :)

    Yessum, your exiting neighbor lady made a surprising revelation. I would love to know what kind of crime she committed that required her to spend 13 years on the inside and be sentenced to lifetime probation. Every person has a story, and many will surprise you. I hope the new crop of neighbors that arrive are peace loving, law abiding folks.

    109 again this week. It makes sense that the homeless go underground to escape that dreadful heat, but I don't even want to think of the kind of life they have down there and the hazards it poses.

    I wish you, your daughter and my buddy Falcor a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you had a nice weekend too.

      I hope we get some quiet neighbors moving in.

      Delete
  3. One never knows what's behind the person we talk to. Sometimes, the person carries a secret such as being a former convict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m creeped out by the thought of going down into that sewer. Lol on the package stealer waiting for you to go inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was mad she didn't get that package.

      Delete
  5. We make this funny joke about receiving packages that have illegal substances in our improv scenes. Glad its not for real. Hope the get enough on those drug peeps to get them out for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As many times as the police have been at their apartment, I'm surprised that they are still there. They must have a good place to hide the drugs when the police come.

      Delete
  6. I wonder what could have been in the package that she was so desperate to get it - drugs maybe?
    And who in their right mind would want to shelter in a drain pipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. But she sure was mad when she didn't get it.

      Delete
  7. That chasing down the FedEx guy is hysterical. ROFLMAO. I'm guessing quite a lot of deliveries go missing if they're just being left outside doors with druggies in the area. I've seen horror movies about people living in drains ... Mole Men and Humanistic Underground People. With all those vacancies, it's going to be you and the dealer holding down the fort, but where are people moving to? Did they say? I hope you win the lottery and can get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of packages go missing around here. Some of the same people around here will knock on each others doors and let them know that they have a package sitting outside so it doesn't get stolen. I have no idea where the people are moving to. If they have enough money they probably moved to a nicer more expensive apartment.

      Delete
  8. You never know what's in someone's past to get them that type of probation. It makes one curious though

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG... There is a new underground club happening... TMNT... love it! And that woman with the package - sounds like she is in need of some help. I hope you get some good new neighbors *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been documentaries about the people living in the sewer and washes around here. She was probably so hopped up on drugs and that's why she flipped out like she did.

      Delete
  10. I hate when people move out. You play the game with are they nice people and will they keep the neighborhood looking good. One of my favorite neighbors are moving and we are so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was 3 nice quiet people that moved out. I hope we get some quiet ones moving in. Sorry to here a good neighbor is moving out.

      Delete
  11. Porch Pirates is such a thing that I want to make sure I'm Home if I expect any deliveries. I don't shop online much anyway, but the Grandkids do sometimes. Our area doesn't have a lot of problems with crime but we are on a major Street so I'm still watchful. I hope any new neighbors are agreeable. Perhaps an anonymous tip to Management about the Drug Dealers would be helpful to get them out as I'm sure they attract a lot of the criminal element to your Apartment Complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always keep my living room curtains open in case I get a package and need to see because they don't even knock on the door anymore. Plus Falcor is good about barking when someone leaves a package.

      Management has been told several times about the drug dealer and they don't care. They told me to call the police if I have a problem.

      Delete
  12. Wow what do they have to do to bust the drug dealer? I swear people can get away with so much, but God forbid my turn signal is out lol.

    When we were kids we used to run around in the big storm tunnels underneath the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. He's been arrested a couple of times but he always gets out.

      My daughter did that too. There are people living down there now in the storm drains.

      Delete
    2. That would be a good plot for a book- people down there running into vamps or something lol.

      Delete
  13. Good grief! i wonder why these drug dealers can't just be put away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it. he's gone to jail a few times but he always gets out.

      Delete
  14. Life is different.now. People live in desperate places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh joy, the chance of 3 more crazies moving in, good luck, maybe a nice one will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so thankful nothing like that happen around here.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Probably flushing them down the toilet 🚽

    ReplyDelete
  18. How crazy that there are people living in sewer pipes! And that woman with the package!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the documentary that was done, there are a lot of people living in the sewer.

      Delete
  19. My dad used to say that it's always the quiet ones that surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yikes going down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of people that live in the tunnels under Vegas.

      Delete
  21. This was a story, non-fiction goodness. People are often quiet because it is safer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you asked the neighbors who moved where they are moving to? Maybe they found better housing that's semi-affordable. I keep hoping you can find a safer place to live. 😐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't ask because I didn't know them very well.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.