Thursday, July 21, 2022

Book Review: Alpha's War by Renee Rose and Lee Savino

 

Book Description

I MARKED YOU. YOU BELONG TO ME.
Nash
I've survived suicide missions in war zones. Shifter prison labs. The worst torture imaginable. Nothing knocked me off my feet... until the beautiful lioness they threw in my cage. We shared one night before our captors ripped us apart.

Now I'm free, and my lion is going insane. He'll destroy me from the inside out if I don't find my mate.
I don't know who she is. I don't know where she lives. All I have is a video of her. But I'll die if I don't find her, and make her mine. I'm coming for you, Denali.

Denali
They took me from my home, they killed my pride, they locked me up and forced me to breed. They took everything from me and still I survived. But one night with a lion shifter destroyed me. Nash took the one thing my captors couldn't touch--my heart.

Somehow I escaped, and live in fear that they will come for me. It's killing my lioness, but I've got to hide--even from Nash. I've got to protect the one thing I have left to lose.
Our cub.


My Review

While Nash was locked up in the labs and being experimented on, the scientists would bring in shifter females for him to breed with so they could have more shifters once the babies were born. If he didn't comply the consequences were really bad so all parties did what they had to in order to survive. Nash was messed up before he was locked in a cage but being experimented on just made him even more messed up and dangerous. He didn't even remember that he had marked Denali as his mate when they had been together in the lab. It isn't until someone shows him the video of them together in the cage that he realizes what he did. But when they tell him that she also has a child, his child...he knows he has to find her. 

Denali escaped the labs, cage and breeding program. But by then she was pregnant with Nash's cub and she's been hiding both of them ever since. She knows the labs are being dismantled but fears that someone who might have escaped will come for her and her son and she just can't take the chance that they will get captured. So when she spots Nash, her first instinct is to run. She's scared and isn't sure she can trust him at first. 

After she calms down and they talk she allows him to meet their son but is still very wary. When his friends come for a visit, she realizes that he has people around him that not only rely on him but care about him. But Nash is very messed up inside and afraid what his animal will do at any given moment. When they have a chance to do some damage to the people who kept them caged, it was an all out action packed time that had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen. I really have been enjoying this series and this book was another good addition to the series. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

16 comments:

  1. Wow. So many deep issues in this one... It sounds very, very tense reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this one was a solid read for you! I am glad that it worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tough situation for them both, but glad they got away and got some revenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Revenge was great, that made the story even better in the end.

      Delete
  4. This does sound like a good addition to the series. And I love that they have a cub. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cub was so cute, I love shifter children.

      Delete
  5. Glad it was a good read for you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like another interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too that's why I got it and read it.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. He was so messed up from all the experiments they did on him in the lab but his mate was good for him.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.