Sunday, August 28, 2022

Apartment Life #319

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

A few weeks ago we had a lot of rain and it's been raining a little each week since then. The neighbor who used to live right there used to throw out bird seed for the birds each morning. But she moved out over a month ago. After the rain, I saw that something right in the same area she used to throw bird seed started growing. 

I told my daughter it looked like corn.

Yep, it's corn.  I had thought that maintenance would pull it up but it's already dying off now. There have been lots of clouds but no more rain. 
---

Back in May I told you in this post that someone had run into the fence that separates my courtyard from the walking path and it was destroyed. Well the city finally came out and fixed it last week. Here's our new fence.

To the right is my apartment building and my courtyard and in the middle is the fence. The path that I walk Facor on is on the left and further left is the sound wall. I was just happy that they left a small section open down by the blue trash can so we can walk through the fence to get to the path where I don't have to walk up and down the steps. I have Osteoarthritis in my knees and hips and going up and down stairs hurts a lot. 

---

We can't end the week without some police car pictures. lol 
My neighbors across from me down at the end of the building were fighting. One guy likes to scream at the top of his lungs when they argue. It's two guys that live there, roommates, brother's...not sure but they do fight like siblings let me tell you. Later that night when Falcor woke me up at 2am because he needed to go out, I stood in the courtyard with Falcor and could hear them yelling at each other again. 

The high this week was 106F/41C
The low this week was 79F/26C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

48 comments:

  1. If your neighbor was scattering bird seed there, shouldn't it be growing birds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh at the yellers. Quiet neighbours are the best. Or I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary!

    I see that the high temperature for the week spiked up to an uncomfortable 106. I keep thinking about the homeless in your city and those carving out homes beneath it in the sewer system during the recent heavy rains and flooding.

    Seems like overall you enjoyed an uneventful week, with the exception of the domestic disturbance involving quarreling brothers. It's too bad they stay up half the night screaming. It they agreed to confine their arguing to the daytime hours, it would give everyone in the neighborhood a break from their noise and some much needed sleep.

    Glad to see they finally fixed the fence that was rammed by a vehicle months ago. Your tax dollars are at work! :)

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since August is usually the hottest month I'm surprised it wasn't hotter. It was a pretty quiet week.

      Delete
  4. That corn didn't stand a chance in your heat. Nice they finally fixed the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad there’s an opening in the fence for you. Too bad you won’t have any corn to harvest. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised it started growing at all.

      Delete
  6. This seems like you've had a quiet week. Send some of that rain our way. We're bone dry over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see much rain where I live but other parts of Vegas got a lot.

      Delete
  7. They do seem to be by you a lot. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see they fixed the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny about the corn! Sounds like a somewhat quiet week other than the dudes fighting. Hope this one is quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Urban corn LOL

    So they fixed the fence after 3 months? Uh. Well, at least they left you an opening!

    And...it's not a proper week without a police visit LOL. I know your nights are NOT quiet because Falcor keeps you up, but I wonder if you would get any sleep anyhow, with all the commotion your neighbours cause...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The growing corn was funny. Some nights I actually do get some sleep. But Falcor does get up early most days. I am happy about the opening.

      Delete
  11. So a quiet week for you. Though it's a little sad the corn didn't keep growing. You could have had an apartment corn roast. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's kind of neat that the corn tried to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of our sprinkler system wasn't broken, it might have gotten watered.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the fixed fence!
    I used to throw out seeds , but after finding one morning a dead dove (probably fighting with the others), I closed the affair for the time being..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny that the corn was growing. Shouting neighbors aren't fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least with my door shut I don't hear them shouting all the time.

      Delete
  15. How funny that something started growing from the birdseed! I hope you don't hear your neighbors fighting inside your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hear them when I'm outside.

      Delete
  16. that's funny about the corn growing after the rain. I have seen Death Valley full of flowers in March after a wet winter. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had cloud burst the other day
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. How funny there was corn seeds in there! I just put in a bird feeder and they make a mess and I was wondering if some of the seeds would produce weeds or whatnot, and now I have my answer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, that's a novel place to grow corn. Next week - a peanut plantation. Sorry to hear about the osteoarthritis. That can't be any fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not fun but I'm on anew medication that is helping a bit.

      Delete
  20. Well it seems like a fairly quiet week for you. I'm glad that they finally fixed the fence, but left it so you can get onto the path. I love that the is something green growing, but with your weather, it's all but dead by now. Oh well. I hope you have a good week ahead. We are "back to school" at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter liked the greenery so she spread thousands of flower seeds in our courtyard. Waiting to see if they will grow.

      Delete
  21. True, can't end it without cops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these weeks we will have a no police week.

      Delete
  22. Goodness!
    Your temperatures are still so high!

    Keep as cool as you can.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a pity your neighbor didn't use to through money there. You might've been looking at a genuinemoney tree instead.

    I'm sorry to hear you have Osteoarthritis in your knees and hips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been nice.
      I'm taking a new medication for the osteoporosis and it seems to be helping a bit.

      Delete
  24. I'm happy you don't have to use the stairs. That's another reason I want to move. We live on the second floor. 😒

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.