Sunday, September 11, 2022

Apartment Life #321

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

A fire truck was parked outside of my apartment building this week. They went to drug dealer's apartment but no one came out and they left soon after they arrived.

The next day an ambulance went to drug dealer's apartment and one of the druggies that go there all the time was taken out in the ambulance. She was awake though so I don't know what she was going for. 

I haven't talked about the guy in my building who has the homeless brother who is a drug addict. The homeless brother hasn't broken any of his windows lately and I even saw the brother that lives here giving the homeless brother food and blankets the way the other brother that lived with him used to before he passed away. 

Well the homeless brother was across the street yelling at some guy and just vomiting his guts up. There a water spout against the wall of that building they are standing in front of and he kept drinking water and then would throw up again. It's been really hot here so I don't know if it was the heat or the drugs or a combination of the two that made him so sick. I saw him go into that guys apartment across the street and I saw him the next day and he seemed fine. 

---

The little dog that's offleash is Buddy. His owners often just open the door and let him out to go potty. He will sometimes go on an early morning walk with Falcor and I and Falcor loves it. Then he walks back with us and goes home. I hate seeing so many dogs offleash though.

Funny enough two other dogs walked into my apartment this week. One was my elderly neighbors dog and isn't much bigger than Falcor. He's always offleash as well. He pushed his way in when my daughter was walking in the door. Then he came and said hi to everyone and left. Thankfully Falcor gets along with him because he's not much bigger than him.

A couple of days later my daughter was sitting outside with my neighbor who had his dog outside with him and when my daughter came inside for a second she left the screen door open and the dog poked his head is. I saw him and grabbed Falcor because Falcor doesn't like big dogs and I knew he was going to act overdramatically which he did. The big dog is a big sweetie and even though Falcor got in his face before I could pick him up and snapped at him, he just ignored Falcor and sniffed around my place until his owner came in and got him. Poor Falcor walked around the apartment for about 20 minutes after that sniffing everywhere and letting off the occasional bark to let me know he was still pissed off. LOL 

---

I put a work order for a leak coming from my AC. My carpet's wet, the water isn't draining in or outside. They forgot to remove the rubber plug so the water can drain to the outside. I think it's leaking into the wall. 

He came out the next day. I told him the little rubber stopper just needed to have a hole drilled into it so the water could drain.  He acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. I even pushed on the rubber stopper myself and showed him the water would come out. He said, "Oh it's supposed to do that." I said, "Ok, but the water is draining into the wall. Is it supposed to do that?" 

He acted like I was a dumbass and said, "Well now. hold on and let me investigate this a little bit before I start drilling holes into things." 

Then he looked at it, knocked on my door again and said, "You're right, that shouldn't be there." I'll just poke a hole in it and it should be fine. The water started draining out immediately. At least it got fixed.
---

The high this week was 112F/44C
The low this week was 78F/25C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

37 comments:

  1. At least the technician finally admitted you were right. Which they don't always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    If it was 112 degrees again this week, it might explain some of the crazy goings on you witnessed, including the guy shouting and vomiting and dogs trying to get out of the heat by entering your apartment. I wouldn't let my dog run loose in that neighborhood. There are too many needles and other hazardous substances on the ground.

    I think the drug dealer should have his own reality TV show. He could call it "What We Do in the Shadows of my Drug Den." :)

    Seems like you are a regular Josephine the Plumber and know more than the maintenance man who came to repair your a/c unit. I hope you don't have water in your wall. That could weaken it or produce mold or both, and then you'd have worse problems.

    I wish you and my buddy Falcor a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck, I want my own reality TV show too. I have more things going on around here than on an episode of Cops. lol

      Delete
  3. We're going to have to call you The Dog Whisperer with other people's pets walking in when they please. Falcor seemed highly indigent that another dog would just walk into his domain without an invitation. As for that maintenance man ... men's egos are sooooo fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor has made friends with all the little dogs in the neighborhood.

      Delete
  4. I hate finding dogs off leash too. We walk our 3 at least once a day and usually more. One of mine does not do well with other dogs so it is always a pain when a strange dog comes running up. I am glad that you got your AC problem fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many dogs offleash it's just nuts. I saw a woman who had her dog on a leash but wasn't holding it.

      Delete
  5. Falcor thought his home was being invaded.
    It is a shame to see dogs roaming. I don't like seeing cats roam, either. Too many bad things could happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like seeing the animals roaming around either.

      Delete
  6. It would appear you're good in dog psychology and water leaks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh brother on the maintenance guy🙄
    Falcor letting you have the business after that big dog left is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's unfortunate about homeless guy. We've had some ambulances frequent our building, and the police have even driven on the parks path to operate covertly to find the bad guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the maintenance guy finally figure out that you were right! And Falcor and Buddy look like cute friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hate when people treat me like I'm stupid. Glad he at least came back and said you were right and fixed the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww poor Falcor! That must have freaked him out when the big dog came in. Still, that's funny about the other dogs. Friendly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty funny the way he acted.

      Delete
  12. Always a lot of excitement. Our highs have been lower than your lows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least Falcor has a walking buddy, that's a good thing. Sounds like your building Super isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor likes walking with the little dogs.

      Delete
  14. I think I'd have wanted to smack that fix it guy. I hate men who think they know better. Probably some of it had to do with the fact you're a woman. Falcor is making friends! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I;m sure it had to do with me being a female.

      Delete
  15. So pleased that the maintenance guy finally agreed that you were right :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so annoying when tradesmen act as if you don't know what you're talking about and suggest something that obviously isn't what's needed.
    Stray dogs and off-leash dogs can be a menace. Luckily we don't have that problem round here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was an apartment maintenance man for 30 years so I may have learned a thing or two from him. lol But this maintenance guy didn't know that. At least he said I was right after he looked at it.

      All the offleash dogs are a menace.

      Delete
  17. The neighbor dogs think you have an open door policy for them! That's too funny. Good thing they are friendly dogs. I don't like it when people let their dogs run off leash either--and it happens a lot around here.

    I would have been so annoyed with that dismissive maintenance man. At least he admitted you were right in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the dogs around here are very friendly. Some of the dogs down the street are not.

      Delete
  18. Well, at least the guy admitted you were right and fixed the AC (I hope). Poor Falcor - It's tough being the little guy and someone else comes into your territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the AC is fixed now. Falcor loves the little dogs, not so much the bigger ones.

      Delete
  19. I love dog pictures and stories. 🐾

    I hate it when men are condescending about fix-it stuff. 😐

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.