Sunday, December 25, 2022

Apartment Life #346

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

Back in March of this year I told you that maintenance had taken the office door off of the office and we had no apartment manager onsite for more than 3 years. I guess they didn't want anyone trying to come to the office at all so they sealed up the office door like it had never been there. The door had been right there in the corner. 

Well, this week they opened the door back up, unsealed the wall and put the door back on. I've seen the apartment manager back on the property quite a bit this week as well. She's been around a lot since the explosion and fire in the apartment across from me a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the owner thinks that it's better to have a manager here on the property with all the things happening here lately. 


Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the day. 


The high this week was 65F/18C
The low this week was 35F/1C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

37 comments:

  1. Such lunacy. What the hell kind of nutjobs are these people??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. We haven't had an onsite manager since a year before Covid even happened. They have the door back on but we'll see if the manager is even here.

      Delete
  2. Sealing up the door is an extreme way to keep people out. Hopefully the apartment manager will start doing her job again.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should do that with the door of the drug dealer's apartment, so he can't keep getting out and causing trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish they would but all they care about is the rent money.

      Delete
  4. A manager is your Christmas present from the owner, and Infidel753 makes a good point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to wait and see if the manager even does anything around here.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Mary!

    This development seems to be a step in the right direction. Having the office open and a manager on the premises a lot more of the time sends a message of legitimacy. Maybe they are trying to clean up their act in hopes of setting an example residents will follow, thereby reducing the number of police, fire and paramedic calls to your neighborhood.

    Merry merry merry Christmas to you, your daughter and my bowwow buddy Falcor, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to wait and see what happens with this. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  6. That reminds me of how extreme our managers were running our building. Waving to us through the glass windows during the pandemic and ringing us in. One of the reasons they may have closed it to is to reduce break-ins. We had people breaking in to our office, and even stealing people's mail. Happy Holidays Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another door on the other side that people don't see as much. I think they just didn't want people knocking on the door because no one was ever there.

      Delete
  7. A week without madness and with a piece of good news to boot??? It's a Christmas miracle! 😂

    Merry Christmas Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm actually surprised it was so quiet and it still is.

      Delete
  8. That's a good first move, let's see if they continue to support a manager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so, just not sure if it will change anything around here.

      Delete
  9. Good news I guess. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see. Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad the manager is back, I hope this makes it safer for all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, an on-site manager, what a concept! Merry Christmas from all of us at Brian's Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you. Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  13. Yes, probably after the explosion and fire the owner wants to keep a closer eye on the apartments to avoid something catastrophic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so. Hopefully they will actually do something.

      Delete
  14. It would be nice if a manager could help keep things from getting out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so but I won't hold my breath.

      Delete
  15. Hopefully with a manager on site, things might get better for you! It makes me feel blessed to live where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, if it’s the same manager, it doesn’t seem like encouraging news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know we still have the same manager we had 3 years ago.

      Delete
  17. I'm a few days late but Merry Christmas! That is so weird about the office door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is a weird complex, nothing they do surprises me anymore.

      Delete
  18. Hopefully they will bounce all the riff-raff! 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.