Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Book Review: The Monster Alien by Ashlyn Hawkes

 

Book Description

I always thought my neighbor was a bit of a monster.

I had no idea how right I was.

When he gets into a fight with some of his friends, I can’t just stand by, though. I’m able to chase them off, but not before Zac is injured.

Injured enough that he can’t hide who he is anymore.

He’s not just a monster in my mind.

He’s a monster alien.

And maybe I don’t mind his being a monster after all…


My Review

Margo is tired of her neighbor Zac always being so rude to everyone so when he yells at the kids in his driveway, she's had enough and let's him know it. Later when some of his friends show up and he gets in a fight with them and is injured, he has no option but to let her help him, even though that means she'll see his true form. Zac is an alien who left his planet to live here on Earth after he had some difficulties back on his planet. 

After Margo gets over the shock of what he actually looks like and the fact that he's an alien, she helps patch him up. But they both have to worry that his alien friends might be back and they could hurt Margo this time. 

This was a fun, quick read about the alien next door. Zac came off as really gruff and antisocial at first but Margo seemed to change him as she got to know him. Once these two get to know the real people in each other, they realize that they like each other and I think that's exactly what Zac needed. 

This was a fun read. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

26 comments:

  1. Given the current state of your neighbourhood, this one sounds like something that could happen to you one of these days 😉.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my daughter the other day that I believe that before I die we'll be visited by aliens. lol

      Delete
  2. I need to try an Alien read one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should try a book like that one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun with this one, sci fi can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds pretty good. I like the idea of the "alien next door" more than the "kidnapped from Earth" type of encounters. Gives the human more control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to like both kinds. But this was fun.

      Delete
  6. Gotta smile at the whole alien next door bit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. All aliens are not created equal LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that he is the alien next door. Fun premise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The alien next door just needs a little love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OY, his upper body gives me all kinds of ungodly naughty feelings....

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.