Sunday, April 02, 2023

Apartment Life #360

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.
On Monday I was walking the dog and I was doing what I usually do when I get to the steps. I stop, and look up and down the street for off-leash dog, people fighting or gang members looking like they might shoot the place up before I step down and walk down the street. This lady saw me standing there and asked if I was alright. I said yeah, I'm just scanning the street for stray dogs, people with guns or any domestic disputes before I walk my dog down the street. She said, "Well, maybe I won't rent that apartment across the street." LOL 

My daughter and I were just laughing the other day because she saw me scanning the street that way and I laughed and said I stand there scanning the street like The Terminator before I step down the step and walk the dog. My daughter agreed with me and said I kinda do look like that and she's seen me do it. 

I didn't realize I was standing there, slowly scanning the street like The Terminator. I think that's kinda funny. 

Can you believe it was another quiet week? I can't either. But it was.


The high this week was 74F/23C
The low this week was 40F/4C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

47 comments:

  1. A wise habit to maintain. Even the actual Terminator would be a bit nervous going out in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for quiet weeks. I would be scanning too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably was a quiet week because you've finally gone all Terminator. They fear you now 😂.

    On a side note, you probably saved that woman a lot of trouble LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should fear me. I'll be back.

      lol

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    A quiet week is a refreshing change of pace in your neck of the woods, dear friend. Take all you can get, because it might be a long hot summer. I can picture you assessing the situation up and down the block before emerging to walk my buddy Falcor. It's a shame you need to do that, but necessary. It seems ironic that the woman who noticed you proceeding with extreme caution and decided not to rent the apartment across the street might have been a nice person and a law abiding citizen. the kind you'd want as a neighbor.

    Have a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows. You can never tell about people sometimes.

      Delete
  5. You should scan the street before going out! You live in a crazy neighborhood. One day there will be an On Patrol Live crew there and I bet they will visit your area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny, but good for you! Stay safe, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I catch myself doing it now. It's just habit.

      Delete
  7. Seems you saved that renter from making a terrible mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are making a conscious choice of looking out into the neighborhood like the terminator. I told a friend that the police were circling the block and a helicopter was searching for someone overheard and he was like, 'Wow, really?! I was like 'yup, just a typical day in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always crazy when the helicopter shows up.

      Delete
  9. Here's to quiet weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next week will be another one.

      Delete
  10. The lady who spoke to you was probably glad she did, as she discovered the area wasn't as respectable as she thought. Always a good idea to ask the neighbours a few questions before you move in somewhere new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha love that Terminator reference. You need a Terminator around there to clean things up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a quiet week! Let's hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, but it's a shame that you have to scan the area. Too bad about the renter. It sounds like she would have made a good neighbor. Glad it was a quiet week for you.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe but you never know about people.

      Delete
  14. Another quiet week, what's going on out that way?!?! I don't blame you for doing the thorough scan, safety first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this week will be quiet too.

      Delete
  15. OMG... you made me laugh out loud! That's so funny about the woman wanting to rent the place across the street. Now, if you had the Terminator with you, you wouldn't have to worry so much! Glad things have been quiet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kinda funny. I feel bad for anyone needing to rent around here.

      Delete
  16. I hope the quiet week continues ...
    Stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would definitely be looking out before stepping too far from my door too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seems like the thing to do around here.

      Delete
  18. Hope your week is safe.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always a good move to see what's going on out there! I hope it's another good week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hopefully you will have a run on quiet weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a great habit, Mary! Everyone should scan their surroundings no matter where they live! Good to do when going to your car in the parking lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm happy to hear you had a quiet week. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice but never stays around for long.

      Delete
  24. Lol, like terminator, quite the sight

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.