Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Book Review: The Loner by Diana Palmer

 

Book Description

Tanner Everett spends most of his time jet-setting around the world. But that hasn’t stopped innocent Stasie Bolton, the daughter of a neighboring rancher, from falling head-over-heels for the jet-setting playboy. So Stasie is secretly thrilled when both her father proposes linking the properties in matrimony…which means Tanner will be hers, for good.

Despite his globetrotting ways, Tanner can’t help but be enthralled by the quiet girl next door. But as the embers between the two are fanned into flames, Tanner wonders if he’s found forever in the last place he ever expected.


My Review

Tanner is a jerk. Gosh, I really started off disliking this guy a lot. He showed a few soft moments like when Stasie's mother died and he came to comfort her. But when Stasie's father changes his will so that she and Tanner have to marry in order for Stasie's ranch not to get sold to a developer who could build something right next door to Tanner's ranch which would ruin his ranch and cause havoc to his cattle, he's just mad he's been backed into a corner. But Tanner is used to jet setting around the world, having a woman who is not naïve and unsophisticated so he's really mad he has to marry Stasie even though he knows she loves him. 

He treats her badly, making her think that they might get along after their marriage night and then he leaves to be with his mistress. He was a total jerk. So I totally understood why his family cut him off after a tragic event happens and Stasie decides to find a way out of the marriage and divorce him. He has to find a way to make it on his own and grow up. 

Fast forward a few years and Stasie and Tanner meet again and neither of them are the same people they were. Watching these two have a second chance with each other was nice but I'm not sure I would have been able to forgive him like she did. But of course she still loved him and probably always would. 

You always know what you're going to get with a Diana Palmer cowboy romance and I love that about this author. When I want a story like this, she is the author I always come back to because I know what kind of story I'm going to get and I almost always like them. 

I give this book 5 stars. 

Disclosure: I was given an e-ARC copy of this book via NetGalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own. 

24 comments:

  1. Stasie is nicer than I am. I find it hard to forgive (or love) jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is life, not perfect. Glad you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this author but I haven't read much of her stuff, but she does write great alpha jerk heroes haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this author thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to think I could be forgiving if someone actually changed, but I'm still working on that. LOL
    But, I can read it in fiction and cheer it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone really changed I would be more forgiving.

      Delete
  7. Where do you keep books that you get? I have trouble finding space in my shelves what with my author copies of translated books, the books I buy and all the books I get from my publisher to review. Some people sell them over special sites, but I'm too lazy for that LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly read ebooks and don't keep them once I read them. I only keep some print books, the others I give away. I have 4 bookshelves but they are mostly full.

      Delete
  8. Where are the abs? And the muscles? Ha. It has been a minute since I saw a regular book cover on your blog. Glad you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I do post regular book cover now and again.

      Delete
  9. So glad to hear you loved this one; I've already got it on my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it too.

      Delete
  10. That one sounds good and hooray, you got a fiver!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Tanner did some proper groveling. It's easier to forgive a character when they grovel. I wanted to read this, but was a little hesitant. I'm convinced with your 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he did. It was nice to see that he grew up after being such an ass.

      Delete
  12. FIVE!!! How cool is that. Great to hear five after the last few duds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to find a good book after so many no so good ones.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.