Sunday, May 07, 2023

Apartment Life #365

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 


That is my daughter talking on the video, not me.

Last Saturday evening my grandson spotted some smoke when he took out the trash. My daughter and I headed out to see if we needed to call 911 but the fire truck and firefighters were already out there putting the fire out. This is located right behind the alley to my apartment complex. After the fire in the apartment across from me, this was a little too close to home. The drug addicts hang out right here all the time and they probably set this fire. It was a bunch of tree branches that someone had dumped here that was set on fire.

These are the power boxes (as I call them) that I sometimes refer to that the drug addicts will sit behind to do their drugs. The sun was shining really brightly so you can barely see the fire engine right there. There was a second engine that showed up but they weren't needed and left.

That small pile of burned branches had been about 8 feet tall before the fire so it must have been burning a little while before someone spotted the fire and called 911. There wasn't much left by the time they got the fire out.

That wall is the only thing that separates my apartment complex alley from this fire. That was a little close.

There was a lot of smoke when we got out there. They much have just arrived when we got out there.

You can see on the right side of the picture that my alley and apartment complex is really close. Right where the fire fighters are standing is where the drug addicts set up camp a lot of times. They get run off, the leave and a few days later they are back. I'm just glad the fire was put out before embers could travel over to the buildings and catch them on fire. 

The next day this is what the burnt pile of tree branches looked like.

And someone dumped another pile of tree branches near the first pile that the set on fire. 

---

The black pitbull that I've been telling you about for over a month was off leash again last week and when I saw him running up to us, I picked Falcor up really fast and got out my tazer. The dog was jumping on me, trying to bite Falcor while I was holding Falcor about neck high.  I was able to shoot off my tazer which scared the dog and he ran off. If the sound alone hadn't scared him, I would have tazed the dog but I really didn't want to have to hurt the dog if I didn't have to. 

I came inside, called Animal Control again (this would make the 3rd time I'd called on the dog) and they never came out, again. I went back outside and yelled at the drug addicts who keep the dog and I was really mad so I was screaming at them. The female drug addict said he just gets off his leash. I told her she should give the dog away if she can't take care of it and stop it from being so aggressive towards people and dogs. 

On Wednesday of this week the homeless man who had been out there when I was yelling at them came up to my daughter and told her I didn't have to worry about the dog anymore because he got offleash again, ran up to someone who shot it. I figured there was more to the story and I was right. 

I found this on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood. The black pitbull had attacked another dog who was being walked by his family near the McDonalds I live by and the owner of the dog who was attacked, shot the black pitbull and killed it. I blacked out the ladies name who posted about it. I never wanted the dog to be hurt or killed and if Animal Control had done their job it wouldn't have ended like this. Also I think I am very lucky that the dog hadn't bitten me or killed Falcor last week.
---

I do have some good news this week though. 

DRUG DEALERS AND HIS WIFE MOVED OUT!

They are gone!


The high this week was 98F/33C
The low this week was 50F/10C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

54 comments:

  1. I figured that would happen sooner or later. So many people in this country have guns that if a dog -- or person -- is too persistently belligerent, eventually they'll run into somebody who reacts by shooting them. It's the fault of the owners who wouldn't keep their dog under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news about the drug dealer and his wife.
    Sigh about the dog. It was going to happen, but... And I am glad that you and Falcor won't be hastled by it any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that it had to come to that.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Mary!

    I see that there was a sudden spike in disquieting activity in your neighborhood this past week. Sorry to hear it, dear friend, especially knowing that you and my buddy Falcor were inevitably attacked by that black pit bull. The lame excuses offered by its owner simply don't cut it, and they should not be surprised by the ultimate outcome resulting from their chronic negligence. If animal control had done its job, chances are the dog would have been euthanized. As it turned out, street justice was the animal's fate, a sad situation all around, but at least you and Falcor are out of danger until the next aggressive dog shows up in your neighborhood.

    The fires that are cropping up in recent weeks are equally troubling. What reason would the druggies have for burning a pile of tree branches at this time of year? It's not nearly as cold overnight as it was during winter, so it doesn't make sense to me.

    The one very good piece of news is that the Ozzie & Harriet of the 2020s, Mr. & Mrs. Drug Dealer, have moved out. Hopefully, many of the problems that have been plaguing your block went with him.

    Whatever the case, I wish you and your family a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still mad at animal control for not doing their damn job. I don't know where the tree branches came from but there's a couple of piles of them out there now. It's getting quite a bit warmer overnight now but the last few days it has been in the 80s so that was nice.

      Delete
  4. Shame the dog had to be killed. But either someone was going to shoot it or it was going to bite and injure someone. Owners needed their butts kicked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog had already bitten a couple of people and that's why Animal Control kept getting called. This time the guy just happened to have a gun and took matters into his own hands.

      Delete
  5. Where in the world were they getting tree branches? I mean, it took some work to make that pile. How scary for you with that fire. And omg, it’s a miracle the pit bull didn’t bite you. Hooray for the drug dealer being gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of trees in the neighborhoods around here so they were probably cutting branches from some of the trees around here. I'm actually really surprised that the dog did not bite me.

      Delete
  6. Maybe they were preparing to burn a witch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, I ended up writing about the fire department this week too, as they were giving lessons to kids about how to be fire fighters. Great for firefighters to teach kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you? Do you have a blog? I've clicked on your name but there's no blog listed there.

      Delete
  8. At least you don't have to worry about the pitbull anymore, it is the owner's fault what happened. Senseless setting fires like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sad it came to that though.

      Delete
  9. Beware of fire and floods! That's always relevant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost flash flood season here.

      Delete
  10. Oh no - that fire was way too close! And how scary having to grab and protect Falcor like that. I'm glad everything turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That IS good news about drug dealer. Hopefully his customers follow him. Wonder how the owner of the vicious dog feels now that she got him killed because she wouldn't keep him on leash. Have you seen her since?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she just gives me dirty looks ever since I screamed at her.

      Delete
  12. Talk about an eventful week! That fire was too close for comfort. And I'm sorry about the pitbull getting shot...but very glad neither you or Falcor got bit. I really hate irresponsible pet owners! But yay that the drug dealer and his wife moved out. Maybe you'll have a more peaceful week this week. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh very complicated situation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's a lot of smoke. Dangerous. And what a story about the pitbull. Sorry it had to go that way but it was inevitable I guess if he's attacking people left and right. Glad you and Falc were okay.

    98!!!

    That's great news about the drug dealer!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the temps went up and then we had right around 80 for a few days which was nice.

      They didn't care about that dog and Im still mad Animal Control did nothing.

      Delete
  15. Fires and pitbulls... sounds like a too busy week. I hope things slow down for you. Things are okay here. There is only one dog that runs free regularly in our neighborhood. She's a sweet dog but I worry if she might ended up being hit by a car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she doesn't get hit by a car. There are a lot of smaller offleash dogs around here that Falcor gets a long with.

      Delete
  16. That's too bad about the dog, but I'm really glad the dog won't hurt anyone else. I have a friend in Seattle who was dog sitting with the teeny little dog that belonged to her boss. A large pit bull ran up out of nowhere and ATE HALF THE DAMN DOG. It was horribly traumatic for my friend. There was nothing she could do. People have a responsibility to take care of their pets and when they don't, shit happens.

    YAY the dealer moved out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That fire was way too close. I'd have no problem Tazing the dog and I'm an animal lover. Better him hurt than you or Falcor. Better yet, go taz the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good news about the drug dealer and his wife.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. It just never ends for you. lol Yay for the good news about the drug dealer and his wife though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I started documenting everything. It's hard to believe all that goes on around here.

      Delete
  20. What a sad end to the dog's life. It is such a shame that it didn't get the home and care it deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These idiot people don't deserve to have a dog! How awful for every one all around, even for the poor dog who was aggressive thanks to the shitty people "taking care" of him. Glad you and Falcor weren't hurt, Mary. Close call with the fire! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an awful outcome for everyone.

      Delete
  22. It's too bad the animal control didn't get the dog off the streets and euthanize him due to a threat to the public. Glad to hear the druggie and his wife moved out, hopefully somebody decent will move in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get some decent new move ins. There are 4 vacant apartments in my courtyard now.

      Delete
  23. First omg that scary dog!!!
    Second, omg that fire was too close

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. it was scary all the way around.

      Delete
  24. "The dog was jumping on me, trying to bite Falcor while I was holding Falcor about neck high."
    That's a nightmare. You must have developed nerves of steel while living there. I don't know if I would have been able to defend myself - and if I did, I'm not sure I would have been willing not to hurt the dog in the process.
    On one hand, that dog is better off dead - I don't think he could have been tamed. On the other, I hate the idea that someone could just shoot it in the street (and I'm sure that person didn't have a gun for that purpose to begin with).

    YAY for the drug dealers leaving the place though! Let's hope your next weeks would be less eventful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an open carry state, meaning anyone can openly carry a firearm as long as it's not concealed in this state so there are a lot of people who carry guns on them here.

      I don't know about nerves of steel, I just have to deal with what happens.

      Delete
  25. "will" be less eventful, oops.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! What a week. I'm so happy DD and Wife are gone!! Prayers for a calmer new neighbor. The news about the dog is sad, and I'm glad you and Falcor were never hurt. But now he's not a threat.

    I hope the upcoming week is a bit more quiet for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good grief. 😐 Thank goodness the dog is finally gone. Too bad it had to end that way, but seeing dog was aggressive it most likely would have been put down at a shelter anyway. 😐

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.