Sunday, August 27, 2023

Apartment Life #281

 

This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

This week is all about Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hilary 

It was quiet around here probably because it was raining on and off for days. So I'll show you some of the sky pictures I took. 

Starting Friday the clouds and rain started coming through. This was at sunset.

Sunset Friday night again the clouds were dark and the rain had started a little bit. 

Saturday morning the clouds were crazy. They were all around. everywhere I looked and they were high even though they seemed to start really low to the ground. It was drizzling at this time too. But as you can see nothing was flooding in my neighborhood. Falcor wasn't crazy about the rain but he still wanted to go out for a walk. 

High clouds on top of the mountains. We were getting a little bit of rain too. It would rain really hard for a few minutes and then stop. The clouds were moving really fast too. It rained most of Saturday night.


Sunday afternoon you can see the sidewalk was wet. Again it was raining off and on all day. We had some winds but they didn't last long. 

Sunday afternoon dark clouds blew through bringing a lot more rain. It rained some of the night occasionally. And the winds picked up at times.

Monday morning the clouds looked like this all around, everywhere I looked. The clouds seemed to start really low and just be super high especially over the mountains. 

I took this picture Monday morning around 6am. That was a dark cloud and brought with it some rain and winds but these clouds were moving so fast that the wind and rain didn't last long thankfully. 

And then on Thursday we got a little more rain and clouds from Tropical Storm Harold. It rained off and on all day. At least this week was a little cooler at times.


The high this week was 100F/37C
The low this week was 72F/22C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

36 comments:

  1. Such dramatic skies. Some really lovely shots - and how I wish we had some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to have rain for a while.

      Delete
  2. So...five days of dark skies? You must have loved that LOL - especially since you didn't get any real weather drama in your corner of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you just got a lot of feeder bands and that was it. Glad you didn't get flooded out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other parts of Vegas got a lot more rain but where I'm at not so much.

      Delete
  4. I guess all the rain deterred unwanted visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clouds make for interesting skies. Rain is good, no flooding even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other parts of Vegas got some flooding but not where I live.

      Delete
  6. Glad you didn't flood with all that rain. Nice to get some cooler weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the sky pics. I like watching when the rainy clouds are moving really fast too. As much as i like the sunshine there's something cool about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take rainy and storm clouds over sunny every day.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you guys are OK! Those are some amazing clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The mountains around here got some flooding but not by me.

      Delete
  9. These clouds are impressive. I am glad that you didn't get any flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking skies with all those clouds. It's great that you didn't get flooded like other places. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had some impressive clouds and heavy rain. Now we are back to 90s temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those moody looking clouds! So pretty and it's nice to get some cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO! I love that the big news this week was all about nature and not about the crazies and druggies. Glad it was a fairly calm week and that the storm didn't flood your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone stayed inside this week. Lol

      Delete
  14. At least it kept the derelicts at bay. We had numerous tornados in the area Thursday night. A million sticks on our yard, but no damage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for the nice and quiet time. The rain was sure happy sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very dramatic skies, pleased you were not affected by the flooding.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other parts of Vegas got flooding but thankfully not my area.

      Delete
  17. All Hilaries are vile bitches, I can tell you that, sister Mary.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.