Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Favorite Halloween Costume?

 
I tried finding a picture of the Halloween costume I used to wear when I was a kid, this is the closest I could find. *back in the early 70's* And I say THE costume because I only had one! I wore the same costume for years because my parents didn't believe in buying a new costume each year when the old one would fit. This witch costume is the closest to the one that I used to wear that I could find.

 I remember when I first got it, it was huge on me and my mom took a belt to tie it up around my waist so I wasn't tripping over my feet. She got a big one so I wouldn't out grow it for a few years and I remember the last time I wore it I was 10 years old and must have worn it for at least 4 years. It had holes in the vinyl poncho and the mask that used to have a rubber band on it was held on with a blue ribbon that my mom tied the mask to my head with. That thing was completely falling apart but I didn't care.. I got to go Trick or Treating and came back with a huge amount of candy. *That my mom and dad raided*

So did you have a favorite Halloween costume when you were a kid?

3 comments:

  1. Your parents sound like mine - though I suspect that if we had celebrated Halloween costumes would have been made not bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so long as it kept the candy coming year after year -- sounds like a smart investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you found a great costume, you stuck with it.
    Don't remember many from my childhood, but the last Halloween party I dressed for (over twenty-five years ago) I was an undead soldier.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.