Saturday, July 11, 2026
Saturday Vittles
Sauteed Purple Cabbage and Bacon
You will need:
2 cups chopped purple cabbage
4 bacon slices
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
What to do:
Chop bacon into bite sized pieces. Sauté bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add cabbage and all spices. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until your desired doneness.
The entire dish has 300 calories which makes this a good side dish.
Do you like cooked cabbage?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ooh, that sounds nice! Looks good, too. 😊
ReplyDeleteIt's a really good side for dinner.
DeleteLooks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteYUM! Love purple cabbage..and green cabbage too and the bacon is a plus!
ReplyDeleteThere's always a good time for bacon.
DeleteHmmmm I love purple cabbage. This looks so good.
ReplyDeleteIt came out really good.
DeleteYummy
ReplyDeleteit was.
DeleteDelicious! I have made a vegetarian version with apples and raisins!
ReplyDeleteOh that would be good too.
DeleteMy mum used to cook cabbage, my dad said she boiled the hell out of it. I eat it but it’s not my favourite. Yours looks nice
ReplyDeleteMy mom used to boil the hell out of all the vegetables she made. lol
DeleteOhhhh, nice mix. A bit like sauerkraut?
ReplyDeleteMaybe? There's no vinegar in it though.
DeleteYou had me at cabbage and bacon.
ReplyDeletelol Right? Bacon makes everything better.
DeleteRed cabbage is allowed for those of us with digestive issues eating the Fodmap way, but only about 3/4 cup at a time. This looks so good that I might risk a little stomach upset and go for the 2 cups.
ReplyDeleteIt's really good.
DeleteI am a fan of red cabbage. Sounds good.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI do like Cabbage and Bacon.
ReplyDeleteI do too.
DeleteIt's a great combination and I love to eat members of the cabbage family. Bacon, yum! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteBacon and cabbage are really good together.
DeleteDear Mary, this looks delicious! I love cabbage and bacon!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I do too.
DeleteLooks good Mary ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you.
DeleteLooks healthy
ReplyDeleteIt is.
DeleteAny color food with bacon is okay with me.
ReplyDeleteBacon makes everything better.
DeleteI love cabbage in any form, and you can usually find a head of green or red in my refrigerator.
ReplyDeleteI like it too.
DeleteI do like cooked cabbage on occasion, but I have a recipe for purple cabbage that isn't cooked and it's delicious. It's with red wine vinegar, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Lawry's seasoning, salt and pepper. You thinly slice the cabbage and then pour the rest of the ingredients over it and let it marinate in the fridge. It's so good!
ReplyDelete