Sunday, November 03, 2019

Apartment Life #105

This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.

This week I've been seeing these people walking by me every morning and wondered where they were going. So I walked up that way and saw them out in the parking lot between Del Taco and McDonald's, setting up a big white overhead tarp to sit under and panhandle. Ken said he's seen them in the Cal Ranch parking lot too, they keep moving every few days. 

There's not a lot going on around my neighborhood right now and things have been pretty quiet but of course I still see some strange things like this guy in front pulling a red kids wagon with the tarp and poles and behind him was a guy pushing a lady in a wheel chair. Ken said he sees them over in the parking lot with signs asking for money and food and people are always giving them stuff so they seem to have found a good place to set up during the day. 

We have a large homeless population here in my neighborhood and I always see them setting up tents or sleeping near the sound wall. As long as they aren't bothering me or causing problems I don't care that they're here. I do have a problem when I see them shooting up on the stairs to my apartment complex or find them passed out on drugs on the walking path where I walk the dog but that's only happened a few times. 

***

The other thing that happened this week was the new manager finally made an appearance in the office. Ken told her about the homeless lady and meth addicts staying in a vacant apartment across from me and on Wednesday night she and the maintenance guy made entry into that apartment and found her in there and made her leave the apartment. Then they boarded up the broken window and told her that someone would be checking the apartment all weekend to make sure no one else goes in there so don't try to break into the apartment over the weekend. I was really glad that the drug addicts got kicked out finally. It only took the manager a little less than a week to get to it after Ken told her about it. Frankly I think it should have been done right away and they should have called the police and had her trespassed from the property because she's already back and staying with the drug dealers in my courtyard. 

Here's a picture of the broken window boarded up. 


So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

38 comments:

  1. I hope the new manager gets quicker at dealing with problems. Quicker and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the new manager is faster from now on. Yeah, watching them shoot up or seeing them passed out from drugs isn't something any want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the new manager is seeing the issues, I hope she starts getting things done. Some of the things you have to put up with are way beyond ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does too. Some of the things going on around here just need to be dealt with more quickly.

      Delete
  4. That was also really dangerous to go into that apartment. What if they had a gun? She should've called the police immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should have called the police as son as we told her about it. They could have dealt with them.

      Delete
  5. Lol, it only took her a week! Maybe she's planning out which rocks to paint or how to put new numbers on your doors again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky those individuals do not have kids in tow. It happens very frequently where the homeless in MN have their kids on the side of the road sitting on coolers as the parents hold signs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope the new manager doesn't fall into old habits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They'll probably be back

    ReplyDelete
  9. I a glad things are quiet for the most part. I hope the drug addict gets some help and figures it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always homeless drug addicts in this neighborhood.

      Delete
  10. Oh sigh, that place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does seem like something she should have started working on right away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She definitely should had called the police just to be safe. Hopefully the new manager will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah she should've called the police right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought she was gonna do.

      Delete
  14. I hope that situation doesn't get any worse, and hopefully the new manager gets a little more responsive, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully once they are settled here they will work faster to deal with problems.

      Delete
  15. I am so sorry. I feel bad that there are so many homeless and addicts in your area. They need help and a lot have mental illness to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for them too and wish there was more help for them.

      Delete
  16. Good lord. Well, at least she did something about it I guess. But yeah, cops definitely should have been called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't surprise me though. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

      Delete
  17. I am always saddened by the plight of those who are homeless, which is a horrible situation to be in. I imagine that many of those in these situations hate to ask for help, but have no other way to eat. Those that are homeless due to the addiction are suffering from a horrible disease, and they can't see past the drugs and danger. So sad. Glad things are turning around with the new manager. I can only imagine the nightmare you guys have been going through. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see them in front of the fast food places around here and they do get food every time I see them over there. So that's probably why they are congregating over there.

      Delete
  18. Homelessness is becoming more and more common in the UK too because the govt decided to cut support services leaving people with nowhere else to turn. It's so saddening in a country where we can afford to treat everybody well, but those in power just don't want to :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a proposal here to make sleeping on the sidewalk against the law. I think they should open more shelters before they do something like that.

      Delete
  19. A week is a pretty shitty response time but at least she took action! Hopefully, once she's got her feet under her in the new job, she'll improve.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.