Thursday, July 07, 2022

Book Review: Tiger's Daughter (Shifters Unbound book 14) by Jennifer Ashley

 

Book Description

The mate bond has never been this strong ...

Connor Morrissey hits his Transition—hard—and Shiftertown braces for chaos. His transformation into a fully adult Shifter comes early and is lightning fast, heightened by Connor’s very special heritage. Connor spirals out of control, ready to fight for his place in the hierarchy, and his instincts tell him his place is very high.

Only the touch of Tiger-girl cuts across Connor’s pain ...

She’s there for him, beautiful, powerful, but a fish out of water, struggling to makes sense of the real world. As Tiger’s daughter, she’s more than an ordinary Shifter, inheriting Tiger’s strength and intelligence in addition to the enhancements the Shifter Bureau black ops team made to her in secret.

Then Connor is captured by those who will use him to enhance their own power. Tiger-girl knows the mate bond is forming between them—losing Connor will tear her apart. But can she risk being found by the man who wants to turn Tiger-girl into the most deadly Shifter of all time?

Now Tiger-girl must choose between her safety or exposing her whereabouts to free him ...


My Review

Connor Morrissey is going through his transition too soon. He's a lion shifter and the transition from cub to full grown adult lion shifter is hard. He feels out of control until Tiger-girl's touch calms him enough not to be completely out of control. Tiger-girl is Connor's mate but he tries to fight the pull towards her because he's afraid of his strength and doesn't want to hurt her. But she's not afraid of him. 

When Connor is kidnapped she goes along because she can do nothing else as his mate. Their family takes action when they realize what's happened and rescues them but now they know something fishy is going on. When danger comes for them again, they have each other to lean on but a new danger appears and a new storyline is unveiled in this series. I'm completely excited to see where this will go in the next books. 

I was on the edge of my seat when the backstory of Connor and Tiger-girls mom's were revealed. The gifts they both inherited from their mother's as well as Connor from his father's side was mind blowing and I don't use that phrase lightly. They both come out of this stronger and the series just got even more exciting. I've been reading this series for years and the books and storyline just gets better and better. You have to read this series if you like shifters, wonderful world building and great storylines.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 


34 comments:

  1. And a 5 again :D I have never tried these

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound really impressive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! Plus, the tiger on the cover is so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shifter stories are a lot of fun. Connor sounds like a great character. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. This series is one of my favofites.

      Delete
  5. Nice review, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like there is going to be a fab 'second season' to this series with the new gifts they inherited. They sound like a loving, caring couple the way they loyally try to protect each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great but all the couples in this series have been wonderful.

      Delete
  7. It's so much fun when a series gets better instead of worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is one of the many authors I hope to read someday,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you do. This series is the best.

      Delete
  9. Yay! I love seeing such a rating on this series. I need to get back to it, ever since she switched publisher I have fallen behind and need to get caught up on her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do. This is such a good series.

      Delete
  10. I really need to read this author. I really like that sound of this one. It has been too long since I last read a shifter book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I've read one Jennifer Ashley shifter story, but I'm not sure it was this series. It's been a while. I do like the sound of this and now I want to know what blew your mind! Are you able to read this as a standalone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could read this as a standalone but you'll want to read the rest of the series after reading this. lol

      Delete
  12. I did read a few books by this author and I think I have books in the series but I don't think I've started this one yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read the series at some point.

      Delete
  13. I have really enjoyed this author's work under different pen names. I've always wanted to try this series, but now there are so many books! Maybe a reading challenge some day and I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ot of books but they are so worth reading.

      Delete
  14. It's so great to find a series that you love and one that has a lot of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a long series that just keeps getting better.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like an exciting read. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome! I feel like it's rare to find a series that keeps going for years only to get even better and throw in new twists to make you even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I do love a long series though.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.