Sunday, October 16, 2022

Apartment Life #336

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.

Last week the police showed up in the parking lot of where my daughter works. She sent me these pictures of what she saw. 

The police and an ambulance were there.

The police pulled over a woman in a car and then started searching her car.

Then they helped her out of the car and she got in the ambulance and was taken to the hospital.

The police stayed for at least 2 hours though, searching her car.

My daughter isn't sure exactly what happened but they were there for a long time.

Of course the police were at the far side of my apartment complex. I snapped this picture as a second car was driving by my window and headed down to the last building in my complex. My camera doesn't take great far away pictures so I was glad I spotted this police car coming around the corner so I could get a picture of it. I don't know why they were down there.
----

On Tuesday one of my neighbors was outside having a meltdown after the sun went down. She had a table set up outside her door and was blowing up balloons and stringing them together and she walked inside her apartment for a minute and her I think 5-year-old son let the balloons go and they ended up in the tree and every once in awhile I could hear one popping and she was so mad. You left a five-year-old by a big bundle of balloons and expected him to what, not let them go? I guess you'll have to buy some more balloons. I wonder when the party is, I want cake. 
---

On Friday I was taking Falcor for a walk. One of the drug addicts that I see outside all the time and says Good Morning to me all the time was out there. As I walked past him, he says good morning so I looked at him and said it back and then I realize that he has a razor blade and is slicing open his upper arm. He must have seen the look of shock on my face because he laughed and said, "I'm fine, I've blown all my veins and had to slice myself open in order to access one." 

He then sticks his needle into the cut and shoots up with whatever drug was in the needle. He's already out of it and has his eyes closed by that time and I just keep walking. All this happens in just a few seconds but after Falcor does his business I have to walk past him again to get home and he's completely passed out while blood runs down his arm. 

Ya know, my parents were both drug addicts so I've seen some stuff but this was a first even for me. Damn.
---

I will leave you with something good today. Here's a little video of my apartment decorated for Halloween.



The high this week was 90F/32C
The low this week was 66F/18C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

54 comments:

  1. Eeeuw at the drug addict.
    Love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! You really went all out in decorating for Halloween. I LUV it! Your neighbor should move the cake party to your place. Can't believe the bleeding guy is still alive after all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My daughter loves to decorate for the holidays.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    I see the temp spiked to 103 in LV again this week. That surprises me a little. The first story about the woman taken from her car in the parking lot, transported to the hospital and having her car searched for hours is a mystery. I suppose it is wishful thinking that you daughter might find out exactly what happened there so that you can report back to us.

    I don't think it is a good idea for your neighbor woman to leave a 5 year old child outdoors and unattended on your block given all the sketchy characters hanging out and passing through. Released balloons are the least of her worries.

    The druggie cutting himself to access an injection site is just about the saddest thing imaginable. How long before he hits "rock bottom"? Seems like he's awfully close.

    I love your H-ween decorations, especially the dangling spiders which give the place a 3-D effect. My buddy Falcor seems unphased by the new look of your apartment.

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbor woman with the child leaves her kids unsurprised all day and half the night. I'm glad you like the decorations.

      Delete
    2. I think you might be right about the temperature. I think my home weather station is wrong and needs new batteries. I just looked online for the temps and the national weather service said the high was 90 and the low was 66. lol So mine was off. I'll have to change that.

      Delete
  5. Things you didn't need to see!
    Yes, dumb to leave a child alone with balloons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her kids are left outside unsupervised all the time.

      Delete
  6. Wow, Mary, you guys go all out with the decor! I might have vomited if I saw that guy shooting up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What strikes me is that the guy seemed so blasé about slitting open his arm. I would be horrified if I saw something like that.
    The halloween decorations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the drug addicts are unfazed alright. Thank you, my daughter loves to decorate.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like probably the woman in the car was driving erratically and the cops pulled her over, then concluded she was likely on drugs and were searching the car for those.

    I can hardly imagine how far gone a guy would have to be to say he was "fine" while cutting his arm open. It probably won't be long before he succumbs to an infection or blood loss.

    Your decorations look great! Very festive. I hope Falcor isn't too confused by the change in his surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor never pays any attention to the decoration's. That very well could be what happened to the woman who was pulled over.

      I'm surprised that some of these drug addicts have been around as long as they have with the things they do.

      Delete
  9. Wow, that druggie has totally lost it. I can't imagine seeing something like that.
    Nice video with all your decorations, they look great and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. We didn't decorate much for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's crazy someone would slice open their arm with a razor blade like that! And I love all your Halloween decorations. Very fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you can't even get away from drama at work right? lol. Seriously though that is awful about the addict you passed by. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I said to my daughter.

      Delete
  13. Wonder what the police was looking for.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. The police in your area are never at a lack of things to do. Cool decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that drug guy doesn't sound long for this world. How awful. And yep, what 5 yr old is going to not play with balloons?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balloon remnants are still in the tree.

      Delete
  16. I would have beenreally shocked by the drug addict and what he did...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seeing the drug attics cutting his arm so he could access a vein is weird. At least he is polite! But how sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always nice when he talks to me. But it is very sad.

      Delete
  18. That is horrible and sad about the drug addict.. what demons he must be trying to escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful seeing things like that. I feel bad for him but he never gets in the homeless shelter van to get help when it comes around.

      Delete
  19. Lately, I haven't had the police on my street since my neighbor got rid of her aggressive dog and her SIL is helping her with the kids or when the ones who fought across the street moved out, but I do remember trying to figure out what was going on when they did show up.
    So, sad about the polite druggie. I want to cry for him a little. I have addicts in my family and I feel the same about them- when I'm not angry about what they are doing to themselves.

    Ooo, love your spooky decorations. Your apartment is rally festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have addicts in my family too. It's very sad. Thank you. I'm glad everyone likes our decorations.

      Delete
  20. Your apartment looks great! I can't decorate like that because I have a hell cat.

    I hope that man can get some help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have seen some awful stuff, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder what happened. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is really sad how far someone will go to get their high. I love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your apartment looks fantastic! I love Halloween decor more than Christmas, so it makes me happy when people go all out for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We decorate for both holidays.

      Delete
  25. Oh gosh, that encounter would have left me so shaken. I guess you never really can know what someone else is going through or what leads them to that kind of low. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the decorations! And Falcor at the end is so cute!! I love how much people get into the season!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you had a great Halloween. 👻

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.