Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Book Review: The Alpha Heist by Kate Rudolph

 

Book Description

The alpha keeps what's his...
No one steals from Luke Torres. His fortress is legend and his pack of lions are deadly, ready to face any threat. When Luke meets Mel, she knocks his socks off with a scorching kiss, but when they meet again, they are captor and captive in a deadly game of cat vs. cat.

The thief is up to the task...

From the moment Mel takes the assignment, she knows that it should be impossible. But for the supernatural world's foremost thief, impossible is an irresistible challenge. Especially when the payment for this job will get her one step closer to revenge. When the job goes belly up, she finds herself in the lion's den and facing off with the most alluring man she's ever met. Can she find a way to complete the job without losing her heart?

One alpha, one thief, and an adventure of a lifetime.
The Alpha Heist is number one of a three part series called Stealing the Alpha. Book two, Entangled with the Thief, and book three, In the Alpha's Bed, are available now. This series is complete.


My Review

Mel is told to steal a gem from the lion shifters. She makes a plan with two other people to do that, steals it, gets caught, gets the hots for the alpha lion and then escapes. 

I wish I could write a real review for this book but I can't because that's all that happened. There are things about Mel that I don't understand and we don't get much if any info on her background or why she is stealing for the woman that seems to have something over her. This was a very short book. It says it's book one of three books but in my opinion, it's part one of a book. It ends in a cliffhanger as well as not even being a full story. How can you call this book one when nothing happens?

This felt more like the first chapter in a book rather than the first book. This book was free but the next two books are $3 a piece. Would I take a chance that the next book isn't another chapter like book that ends on a cliffhanger? No. I will not be reading the next book not anything else from this author because if they pull this type of thing once, you can pretty much bet they will do it again and if there's anything I loathe, it's a cliffhanger or this type of nonsense. 

If I could give this zero stars I would. So it gets 1 star from me. 

24 comments:

  1. I am with you. I wouldn't be reading any more from this author. And would happily give it zero stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so mad. I even looked at the reviews before hand and they were all so great.

      Delete
  2. Cliffhangers are well and good in their place, but a half-baked story would anger me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooof it drives me nuts when writers do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is bad! I'm glad you didn't have to pay anything to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! That bad. Definitely one I need to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, it's way overpriced then!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that's a bummer but I wouldn't continue either

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah and it makes you wonder how 52% of the reviews on Amazon are 5 star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it. They must being paid to write these reviews.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know about this one but I understand why you were disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not reading if there is no nekkid hunk on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a fan when they pull stuff like that

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.