Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Zoodles and A Frozen Fruit Treat


I have a Julienne vegetable peeler that I used for this but you can use one of those slicers that makes zoodles from zucchini. Or if you're really good at chopping and have great knife skills you can make these thin julienne slices yourself. 

What to do. 

Using a julienne vegetable peeler, slice up one zucchini, one cucumber and one small carrot. Toss with a tablespoon of lemon juice and whatever seasoning you like. I used the McCormick Roasted Herb and Garlic. You can eat it as  side as is or toss with a little salad dressing of your choice. 
---

I also have a sweet dessert recipe for you. 

Blend together 1 can of Coconut Cream and 3 cups of any frozen fruit of your choosing. I used blueberries and a few strawberries. I kept a few blueberries whole to stir in and place on top. It made enough for me, my daughter and grandson. It was so good. Almost like a fruit ice cream. 

Would you try either of these?

33 comments:

  1. I would certainly eat (and enjoy) both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of zucchini and afraid I couldn't do the coconut cream. We just don't eat that much fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoodles seems like something I'd enjoy, so I'll probably try it after I get a julienne peeler. Not sure what coconut creme is. Will have to look it up, see if something my sensitive gut will tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can eat it. If you like coconut it would be a nice thing to make.

      Delete
  4. I’m lazy and always buy the bagged zoodles and broccoli salad, but I love that stuff. I’m not a smoothie or milkshake person. It always gives me a stomachache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's a nice side to have with dinner for sure.

      Delete
  6. I eat a lot of zucchini and squash that's cut into strips--love it as a replacement for noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a good replacement for that.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for these recepies. This desert looks very delicious. 😋

    ReplyDelete
  8. The zoodles look great.
    We enjoy eating them :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like both of those, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these look fantastic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like blueberries a lot.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. it looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both dishes look delish! You are killing it in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  14. That fruity dessert looks so good! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as we did.

      Delete
  15. I would definitely try the fruit dessert! 🍧

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I'd definitely try them both! I love a healthy frozen dessert and I've been making zoodles for a few years myself. They are a great pasta substitute!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.