Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Book Review: Charley's Christmas Wolf by C.D. Gorri

 

Book Description

Rafe won’t let anything stand in the way of securing his position as pack Alpha. But when an ancient law requires him to mate, can Rafe convince Charley to submit to him before Christmas Eve? A sizzling series starter!

Charley gets more than she bargained for this Christmas…

When a rogue Wolf threatens his right to lead, Rafe has to convince Charley, a curvy normal, to be his mate before Christmas Eve.

Charley Palmieri works a dead-end job, living alone with her cat, Buttercup, until one fated night when her world is changed forever.

Instant attraction sparks between them. He is more than convenience, she is his fated mate.

But can Rafe convince Charley to be his before the meeting of Pack elders on Christmas Eve?

*Find out in this first installment of the Macconwood Pack Novel Series.



My Review

Charley is kidnapped and brought to Rafe by some of his pack. He has to find a mate soon in order to stay alpha of his pack. He knows soon after meeting Charley that she's his mate but she doesn't believe anything he's telling her about being a wolf shifter. She believes he's a bit touched in the head and everyone else there that believes this is too. But after he explains that he has to marry someone in order to stay the leader of his people, she agrees to marry him in order to help him. Now while I didn't necessarily like that she was kidnapped in the beginning of this story, I thought she took everything in stride and they made her feel welcome and it wasn't weird once she settled in around them. I'm not sure I would have been so accommodating even if Rafe is drop dead gorgeous to her. 

There were some parts of this book where you have to suspend rational thinking and remember that this is a PNR romance and some things aren't going to be believable. The entirety of the story was good, the romance between them was great and the characters were very likable. I just didn't like how we got there. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.


26 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you were more generous in your rating than I would have been. The journey ('how we got there') is very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the rest of the book and she wasn't as bothered as she should have been about the kidnapping so I gave it a better rating.

      Delete
  2. He does have an aristocratic hotness about him, my fave kind of hotness....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have this one on my Kindle. Good to know it pushes the believability scale even for a PNR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but I still liked the story.

      Delete
  4. Sure... I'll marry you, why not? LOL! Probably not for me. But it does sound like once you get past the kidnapping, etc. it's not a bad story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you mentioned suspending rational thinking. That is why I read a book like Charley's Christmas wolf. I mean, it is fiction. It is an escape. C D Gorri take me away. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao I read for the same reasons. It ended up being a good story.

      Delete
  6. I just read a book like this. I liked everyone but the road to HEA was a bit eh...

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, getting there was a bit much but the characters were good and the end of the story was good too.

      Delete
  7. Some PNR authors just write it way over the top haha but glad it ended up being entertaining at least for you.

    Lovely review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do but at least it ended up being good.

      Delete
  8. "a curvy normal"

    That made me smile. Glad it was good. Even with some issues

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like it had some unrealized potential!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Despite the issues, it seems it was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, the kidnapping would be a definite road block for me to feel any kind of romantic feelings! Glad it all worked out by the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was weirded out by that as well but it ended up being good.

      Delete
  12. That wolf is like sitting on his back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It does look that way, doesn't it?

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.