Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Book Review: Moon Kissed by Jen L. Grey

 

Book Description

You can’t outrun a curse ... trust me. I’ve tried.

My heart was left shattered into a million jagged pieces. To survive, I did the only thing I could and forced myself to play the part of the perfect girlfriend. The perfect daughter. Because no one wants someone broken.

But now, the boy who owned my heart is a grown man — hardened and cold.

Seeing Aidan four years later forces me to face my greatest fear, and realizing he is my fated mate only makes things worse.

Secrets aren’t meant to stay buried, and fate always has a plan.

That’s the funny thing about destiny. Right when you think everything is figured out, you get dealt a new hand.


My Review


We meet Emma and Aidan when they are teenagers. They love each other and think they can make it even though they are from different packs. They are both wolf shifters so their packs would make a big deal about their relationship if they knew. Then one day Aidan just stops coming to meet Emma or talking to her. She's devastated but she moves on because that's the only thing she can do. She goes away to college with her now boyfriend, Jacob that she'll never have any true feelings for but was kinda pushed into a relationship with by her pack. 

While at college she sees Aidan, it's been 4 years and he's no longer the easy going, loving boy she knew. She wants to hate him for leaving her the way he did but there are bigger things at play. There's a reason he left her and once he tells her because she's now in danger not only from his pack but from others as well, they find themselves in a lot of danger and get help from a very unlikely source. 

Whew, so many things happened in this book and the storyline kept changing which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Aidan should have told her the entire reason that he left and what is going on, right away. I don't understand why he waited so long when he knew she was probably in danger. This does end in a cliffhanger which did not help my thoughts on this book. I liked the storyline most of the time but some of these characters were not likable. I might read the next book just to see if it's better and we get a better explanation of what's going on. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

12 comments:

  1. 'I might read the next one' is not a ringing endorsement. I share your feelings about cliff hangers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too, cliff hangers frustrate me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one of those frustrating cliffhanger endings! I'm not a fan of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lack of communication is frustrating! I'm not a fan of cliffhangers either. Hope the next one is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not likable, yeah maybe not for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I can't connect or like any of the characters, the next book isn't even considered. Sorry this one seemed like a miss for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes will not read the next book either.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.